No announcement yet.

Top 5 get back up moments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jones hall
    3 knockdowns and countless power shots afterwards even tho he didn't win he still was on his feet at the time of the stoppage after eating about 6-7 unanswered punches from jones.

Leonard vs hearns 2 I've never seen the fight just a few highlights but that big right hand Leonard ate from hearns that made him lean back before falling is monstrous I figured he'd be stopped soon after but came back to almost stop tommy in last round I think

Roger mayweather vs Whitaker
    We all know Rogers chin wasn't the best and that right hook he ate was huge even of Whitaker wasn't the biggest puncher. Came back to knock pernell down after words

Khan maidana is another that first round knock down from those body shots.

Berto Ortiz I can't ever decide which ones worse ortiz getting nailed with that huge right hand that look like I broke is neck or Berto eating 3 flush right hooks from a big puncher like Ortiz idk how both guys finished the fight.

PAC vs Barrera 1 that first left Hand down the pipe that floored him and say him on his ass I'm surprised he got up PAC had everything behind that shot And he wasn't that badly hurt I've only seen the fight once so my memory of it isn't too good.

Kirkland angulo is another I thought Kirkland was done after getting blasted like that from angulo ecspecially after getting dropped so easy by ishida not that long before but got up later to stop him(angulo) anyway

Khan vs Peterson say what you want about khans chin but after that first left hook I thought we were gonna have another Prescott ending but he got up 3 times still trying to continue

Comment

A recent one would have been Geale dropping barker with that bodyshot, I have no idea how barker continued, let alone win the fight

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        I was positive that when Bradley got caught with that left hook from Holt that he was gone for the full count. I was floored myself when he got up from it. That is without doubt one of the cleanest left hooks, from a monster puncher, that I've ever seen someone get up from without too damage.

It's rare that someone gets caught by a huge puncher, with a perfect counter left hook that he doesn't see, that lands as flush as it could, in the middle of exchange, and gets up without being completely out of it.

I was pretty surprised by that as well. More by the fact that Bradley seemed to have a clear head and knew exactly what he needed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
          Best one I've seen is Holmes against Shavers. It was brutal and he even came back to win that fight.

All of Ali's knockdowns were rough and he won most of them in the end.

Oh of cource, Foreman against Lyle too.
          I opened the link of this thread to reply with this

but after reading the comments, I remembered Foreman vs Frazier I

Comment

'Member when Kelly Pavlik got knocked down by Taylor aaand then came back and slumped him in the corner?? Epic shit.

Comment

Ali in the 15 round against Frazier.

Comment

When Diego Corrales tko'd Castillo in the 10th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0vSpewcMx4

Comment

Martinez vs Chavez in the 12th round
                  MArtinez was easily outboxing and was well ahead on all scorecards and gets floored by a left hook. Martinez actually gets up by using the ropes like he was climbing a ladder and instead of holding he decides to exchange punches with Jr while still very badly hurt.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3i4MfIlGp4

Ortiz vs Berto
                  This was a power punching display from the beginning with Ortiz showing out til he gets caught with a monstrous right by Berto. ORtiz gets up and is back peddleling until he puts Berto down just before the round ends.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLeMdUSQL6I

Donaire vs Montiel
                  Donaire caught him with his trademark left hook and Montiel manages to get up after being ko'ed before he hits the canvas then has a seizure and still beats the count!!!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chxmYF4m2xg
                  These are more recent ones than the other ones mentioned but still very impressive.
                  Last edited by CASA DE COMBATE; 01-31-2014, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X