Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't basketball have a height class let boxing weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't basketball have a height class let boxing weight?

Bit unfair that a short person is less likely to make it since they had short genetics? In fact a small league may be more exciting with more work rate.

Sometimes sport is so prejudice that it sickens me. Discrimination against height or size is wrong surely?

become a millionaire and invest that could be the next huge thing

Comment

Uh... that's why they have specific positions serving a specific purpose. And that's why they guard their own positions on the opposing team.

Who wants to watch a bunch of centers playing basketball?

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
        become a millionaire and invest that could be the next huge thing
        Well I certainly think that the pool of players will be increased and you get athletic guys which are often smaller but more agile etc...

In fact it may make basketball a truly world sport when smaller nations actually have a chance. For example 98 percent of Vietnam is shorter than 6 foot... But from my experience many are fast and agile

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
          Uh... that's why they have specific positions serving a specific purpose. And that's why they guard their own positions on the opposing team.

Who wants to watch a bunch of centers playing basketball?
          So some one being 7 foot makes you enjoy the game more?

Comment

There are more then enough 7 foot + "giants" to fill every positions in the NBA, but they dont, i wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Rights4Gays View Post
              So some one being 7 foot makes you enjoy the game more?
              No. I enjoy the game with both taller players and shorter players because they all do different things.

Shorter players are generally better ball handlers, passers, shooters and play makers.

Taller players are better rebounders, shot blockers, and post up players.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                There are more then enough 7 foot + "giants" to fill every positions in the NBA, but they dont, i wonder why
                What height cap should the NBA choose if they were to create a league.

Comment

No. I enjoy the game with both taller players and shorter players because they all do different things.

Shorter players are generally better ball handlers, passers, shooters and play makers.

have you seen the mak mamba lately?

i haven't seen my dog in a minute.

Comment

What if 6 foot was the max height? They would be the shot blockers and the 5 foot 8 guys who can be very agile like a cat can be the ball handlers.

Comment

Working...
                    X