Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lmao! some people on here actually think mosley would have beaten pac...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still possible...

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
    are you guys kidding me? its ok if you big floyd all you want but...

what does he have to do to earn your prop? ughhh
    I didn't read all the posts but...as some already had indicated...Mosely is still dangerous. I agree with REED; if he landed those right hands (especially leading), Pac would be in trouble. Not to say Pac would be standing in front of him...it's just easier to hit Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      And vice versa... there is literally nobody left except Andre Berto.

I think Floyd beats Martinez.

Similar to how Mosley looked too fast for someone like Margarito, just as Martinez did to Pavlik... Mayweather would be a different animal.

Martinez gets lazy, and he has stamina lapses... you can't have those kind of shortcomings against someone like Floyd.

Sergio is there to be hit, and there to be countered.

It's not a blowout or anything like that, but I think Floyd would win an 8-4 decision.
      Above JMW I think it would be a problem. Floyd would have to put on some weight to even fight Martinez at 160. I would agree if it was a JMW but at 160 Floyd would probably lose some speed with putting on the weight. He would also lose some movement, his power probably would be ineffective.

And, I think Martinez stamina is not really that big of an issue. Yes he slowed down against P-Will but Floyd don't have that kind of work rate. And, doesn't have the size of a P-Will or the strength of a Pavlik.

And I mean this version of Martinez is so much better than the WW version of Shane and the JMW version of Oscar that Floyd fought.

Like I said I would agree with you if it was at 154. But, at 160 Floyd would have to put on some weight and I think that would effect him in a negative way. And, he is also slippin a little bit. He is getting hit a little bit more now. But, he is so good that nobody is really noticing it.
      Last edited by jrosales13; 05-07-2010, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geze View Post
        I was disappointed with Mosley's performance.If he fight Pac with that kind of performance he would not have lasted 10 rounds.

Mosley fought like a street fighter..(with those shaking fist) WTF is that all about?.it's very predictable.

One thing is exposed in the fight.Floyd could not take a lot of solid Welterweight heavy punch.

He was able to get out of it coz Shane did not have the finishing touch that night.

its called being almost 40yo and ring rust...

Comment

Berto does bring his undefeated record to the table and with a recent knockout of Carlos Quintana, he has in a way pushed himself to the top 3-4 welterweights in the world.

Although, I think Shane-Berto should still be made.
          Yea, Berto needs to take that big test against Shane first. Berto is a good fighter with potential, but I think it's too early.

It's like Pac dropping down to 140 and fighting Alexander.

The best scenario is;

Berto fights Shane and stops him or at least beats him decisively.

Comment

I've read several posters say that Roach turned down Mosley, but I've never seen a source, can someone provide it?

Comment

Mainly because of Pacs ability to maintain a high energy level throughout 12 rounds compared to Shane.

The longer the fight went on, Shane would get more fatigued, and Pac would not slow down.

The slower Shane got, the more punishment he would take.

Shane has to knock out Pac in the first 3-4 rounds, or he would take a beating.
              I don't buy that Shane gassed excuse. He was still throwing well into the 7th rnd. He just couldn't land because he didn't adjust and Floyd did. That statement told the fight right there. Manny is perfect for Shane IMO. Comes forward and stays right in front of you to hit.

Comment

Berto does bring his undefeated record to the table and with a recent knockout of Carlos Quintana, he has in a way pushed himself to the top 3-4 welterweights in the world.

Although, I think Shane-Berto should still be made.
                berto at this point of their careers stops shane

Originally posted by JBell11 View Post
                I didn't read all the posts but...as some already had indicated...Mosely is still dangerous. I agree with REED; if he landed those right hands (especially leading), Pac would be in trouble. Not to say Pac would be standing in front of him...it's just easier to hit Pac.

i agree... but its a differents story when you take about pac/may since they are godmode right now

Comment

of course he would that's why roach said no to mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by flexxx145 View Post
                    I don't buy that Shane gassed excuse. He was still throwing well into the 7th rnd. He just couldn't land because he didn't adjust and Floyd did. That statement told the fight right there. Manny is perfect for Shane IMO. Comes forward and stays right in front of you to hit.
                    You're describing Margarito and Mayorga. That is not Pacquiao man. That dude is all over the place. His foot speed and foot work is better than Shane at this point of their career.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Above JMW I think it would be a problem. Floyd would have to put up some weight to even fight Martinez at 160. I would agree if it was a JMW but at 160 Floyd would probably lose some speed with putting on the weight. He would also lose some movement, his power probably would be ineffective.

And, I think Martinez stamina is not really that big of an issue. Yes he slowed down against P-Will but Floyd don't have that kind of work rate. And, doesn't have the size of a P-Will or the strength of a Pavlik.

And I mean this version of Martinez is so much better than the WW version of Shane and the JMW version of Oscar that Floyd fought.

Like I said I would agree with you if it was at 154. But, at 160 Floyd would have to put on some weight and I think that would effect him in a negative. And, he is also slippin a little bit. He is getting hit a little bit more now. But, he is so good that nobody is really noticing it.

He isn't necessarily getting hit more now, he just got caught twice by one of the fastest handed fighters he ever fought. Athough at 33, Floyd is coming to the end of his prime, if he isn't there already.

I do think Martinez has stamina lapses, regardless. You also do not need to bigger like Pavlik or have a workrate like Williams to wear down your opponent. Be elusive like Floyd, and making your opponent miss also makes you physically as well as mentally tired.

Mayweather would stay light, I bet he comes in around 154-155lbs for that fight. Also, Martinez is not a true middleweight himself. When he fought Williams at middleweight he came in between 156-158lbs.

Floyd has shown he doesn't need to be a big hitter to get your respect. When you come in to land a punch, he slips it and counters you precisely... you don't necessarily want it to happen again. You don't need to hit like a truck to get someones respect.

Speed can get someones respect just as much as power can.

Martinez DOES have stamina lapses.. and he IS 35 years old.

I would have to favor Floyd in the fight... although stylistically it is no walk in the park. I think Floyd would have an easier time with Pavlik, but I think he beats both.

Williams is another discussion.

Comment

Working...
                      X