X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Demise View Post
    I'd like to see SA vs USA.

Would be a lot closer then people think to be honest. Plus USA vs Italy was horrible, USA missed two easy chances where both players put virtually no power on it at all.

It's not the coach that does the motivation on the field though, it's your captain. Who is USA's captain anyway?
    True but in the locker room players are usually looking too the coach for some guidance, especially when the game is not looking good.

I believe our captains are Tim Howard, who I don't have a problem with except that he' a goalie and he can only yell so loud, and Landon Donovan, so yeah i guess there's our problem.

Comment

• The ball movement on offense for USA is horrific.

Comment

• America lack any real experience. A player who plays his football in MLS is the last person you want as your captain to be honest.

But I think the coach is the main problem at the moment, not so much the players. Look at England under the reign of Erikkson, then under the reign of Capello. No real changes, the core players are still there. But we've just finished top of the World Cup qualifying group with all wins.

Your best player up front so far has been Altidore, Donovan hasn't really featured and is some what lost in midfield. Altidore has good pace, but his ball control is terrible.

America only seems to be able attack a handful of times in a game. You don't have any real key players in your midfield. Someone like a Beckham or Gerrard who can get the ball out to the players up front or the wings.

Howard is too far back to be of any use to his team mates, I guess the only time Howard really communicates is from set pieces.

Unless you have some American treasure that is yet to be discovered, I can't really see you guys getting a decent captain for a few more years.

Comment

America lack any real experience. A player who plays his football in MLS is the last person you want as your captain to be honest.

But I think the coach is the main problem at the moment, not so much the players. Look at England under the reign of Erikkson, then under the reign of Capello. No real changes, the core players are still there. But we've just finished top of the World Cup qualifying group with all wins.

Your best player up front so far has been Altidore, Donovan hasn't really featured and is some what lost in midfield. Altidore has good pace, but his ball control is terrible.

America only seems to be able attack a handful of times in a game. You don't have any real key players in your midfield. Someone like a Beckham or Gerrard who can get the ball out to the players up front or the wings.

Howard is too far back to be of any use to his team mates, I guess the only time Howard really communicates is from set pieces.

Unless you have some American treasure that is yet to be discovered, I can't really see you guys getting a decent captain for a few more years.
          A good midfield presence is Edu who plays at Rangers but he's another player Bradley seems to dismiss and also a striker who used to play on the Manchester reserve or youth team i forget which, Kenny Cooper who won't stay in the MLS much longer he's too good. For a guy his size Cooper's got good speed and a good eye for goal but again Bradley dismisses him.

Freddy Adu and Francisco Torres are our best passers. No one on our team distributes the ball better then these two but what a surprise Bradley doesn't play either of them. The US has good athletes but not good football players, we need a coach who can help get our boys to play some football and Bradley can't do that.

Comment

• all i know is i hope Mexico doesnt qualify......sadly CONCACAF is a ****hole....kinda like when youre in the eastern conference in the NBA, you can qualify to playoffs even if you suck....

Comment

• So you're basically saying that Bradley isn't playing your 3 best players in those positions/roles?

The only team that would/will get away with that is Brazil.

Comment

So you're basically saying that Bradley isn't playing your 3 best players in those positions/roles?

The only team that would/will get away with that is Brazil.

That's exactly what I'm saying, I have been saying for some time that Bradley has got something against Adu. Bradley is the type of coach that, once he likes the person not the player he's gonna pick and play that person, regardless if that player is either any good or in form or not.

Here's a good example, Connor Casey our forward, hasn't played for the USMNT since 2004, all of a sudden, because he's in decent form in the MLS he gets picked to play for World Cup Qualifying and Confederations Cup games, where as Kenny Cooper, the guy I told you about, has been lighting up the MLS for years and can't get more than maybe a few games for the US. Oh and let me also add that Casey has yet to score for the US in some 12 to 14 appearances, while Kenny Cooper, on his first ever appearance for the US scores a goal. Casey has yet to score for the US and Cooper has 2 goals in 4 appearances.

I have yet to see Freddy Adu play bad wearing the US jersey, he's that type of player that does the little things great, tries to get flashy at times but he will mature he's still young. Maurice Edu, the guy who plays at Rangers, is a big defensive midfield player that is great at stripping the ball and he's also got good pace, his passing needs a little work but that will come in time.

Bradley couldn't spot talent if he was living in Brazil. I have no idea why the US soccer federation has this big dream that a US coach can lead our team, the funny thing was a long time ago Carlos Queiroz was being groomed to be the USMNT coach but guess what happened, they got an american instead. One of the best coaches we had was Bora Milutinović from Yugoslavia, he was so good he got fired...go figure.

Sorry for the long read, I'm just really frustrated with this ****ty coach.

Comment

• Egypt 1 - 0 Italy

Comment

• so far so good haha!

Anyone else watching the U21's?

Comment

• Originally posted by JmtRyan View Post
                      so far so good haha!

Anyone else watching the U21's?
                      England's U21s?

Italy aren't going to win 2 - 1 btw Ryan.

Comment

Working...
                      X