Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Andre Ward suffer from the same problems as the Klits?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    He'd be the favorite against everyone at 175, but that doesn't mean there aren't any good fights to be made up there. The are decent enough fighters to keep the fight competitive, which is all that matters. Unlike Ward, the Klit's don't have the option to move up.

what are his real options?

HBO has said explicitly that they aren't interested in seeing him fight dawson again. that's the lineal champion of the division, and the guy you'd have to fight if you're moving up.

for some reason he won't fight hopkins. cleverly? kovalev? shumenov? bellew? all guys who HBO wouldn't even pick up.

kovalev looks like a good fighter, but that's one fighter, a virtual nobody at that.

ward's best fight is carl froch in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
      I mean, both are accused of being "boring". In both cases, I believe it's more of the fact that Ward and the Klits don't have anyone close to their level in their divisions. I can't see anyone being a favorite against Ward at 160-175. Also, while the Klits/Ward might not necessarily have any ATG fighters on their records, they still have some very good names on them.
      No they don't suffer from the same problem.

Actually Vitaly is quite entertaining cause he'll take risks. But Wlad takes no risks and is boring, even though he Kos mofos. Both suffer from being in the weakest HW division ever.

Ward is different... he is boring because of his style. His hit-n-hold style is horrible to watch. He'll hit you once or twice because he'll have the speed advantage, then grab onto you so you can't counter him. Its Ruizesque, but for some reason Ruiz gets hated for it, but Ward gets lauded for it.

Comment

Maybe Ward could move down to MW.

Comment

Working...
        X