Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of HBO, did anyone hear RJJ going on and on about Berto again last night? Does he have a piece of him or what's the story?

Comment

i wonder who's the lucky prostitute that he's going to beat up after sniffing coke and smoking weed after that emotional fight.

Comment

I think you guys got it all wrong and I don't really like Lampley but he wasn't emotional about Pacman in that speech.

He was saying that JMM was always overshadowed by his countrymen Barrera and Morales and that he was on the short subjective list as far as people recognizing his talent.

Then he decided to turn from a boxer to more of a boxer-puncher, getting hit more, getting dropped more but at the same time always getting better until it finally paid off and in boxing's world today where the boxing public recognizes only 2 fighters in Pacman and Floyd as p4p's best, the world finally recognizes JMM even though he was always there at the top of the throne for many years.

This was a speech that I don't believe came from Lampley, he was reading it from the screen. It was too deep and too well constructed with a lot of logic behind it, and at that time I don't think Lampley could've pulled off a speech off the hip like that.

So while he was reading it, he got emotional because he had covered JMM all these years and maybe now it rang true for him what a great fighter JMM really is and how he has sacrificed his heath for a more popular image, better fights and most importantly the dedication of 39 year old man, going up in weight just to chase the best fighter in the world.

JMM in my opinion is still a featherweight, he looked too small at 135 and even smaller at 147. It just goes to show you what heart, skills, talent and determination can do for you.
        Last edited by pesticid; 12-09-2012, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by freudianslip View Post
          Jim tends to be a bit on the emotional side, I mean he's only THE guy at HBO Boxing. All this bias talk is hilarious though, who here actually thinks their own biases never show or that you never hear or see people's biases on other television shows, news, or sports? Either way I think the moment and what it signified got to him as he was trying to put it to words. Who cares
          Posters being bias and a commentator of a sport being bias is two totally different things bro...This is why I believe Al Bernstein is the best color guy in the business...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Speaking of HBO, did anyone hear RJJ going on and on about Berto again last night? Does he have a piece of him or what's the story?
            i think it's a florida thing but yea i was like shut up about that loser.

Comment

Lampley was just as emotional about Mosley when Cotto beat him. It's just the way he is.

His commentary is a different matter. He has the voice for the job, but he just isn't very good at describing what's actually happening. Go and watch some fights from other networks in the 80s, the blow by blow, technical description of what's going on is vastly superior to Lampley's commentary. Lampley struggles to describe the action accurately, and then departs on these tangents where he longer considers calling the fight to be his job at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Lampley was just as emotional about Mosley when Cotto beat him. It's just the way he is.

His commentary is a different matter. He has the voice for the job, but he just isn't very good at describing what's actually happening. Go and watch some fights from other networks in the 80s, the blow by blow, technical description of what's going on is vastly superior to Lampley's commentary. Lampley struggles to describe the action accurately, and then departs on these tangents where he longer considers calling the fight to be his job at all.
                I agree with this...That's why I can't take Stephen A Smith serious when he talks Boxing...He said Lampley was the best commentator and blah blah blah,think he(Smith)should stick to Basketball..

Comment

Lampley and HBO are so biased towards Pac. I understand he's the networks meal ticket but man it just get to point where you can't even watch a PAC fight with the volume on anything Pac throws is a devestating and when the other guy lands anything half the time it's silence or Pac gets credit Like I feel I'm on crazy pills and watching 2 different fights when Pacs on. The Bradley fight was a joke as far un biased commentating and the same with the Marquez fights. I respect Manny but but hopefully there able to finally get off his nuts after this. Glad for Marquez and the fact he took it out of the judges hands because they were planning on robbing him again

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    I think you guys got it all wrong and I don't really like Lampley but he wasn't emotional about Pacman in that speech.

He was saying that JMM was always overshadowed by his countrymen Barrera and Morales and that he was on the short subjective list as far as people recognizing his talent.

Then he decided to turn from a boxer to more of a boxer-puncher, getting hit more, getting dropped more but at the same time always getting better until it finally paid off and in boxing's world today where the boxing public recognizes only 2 fighters in Pacman and Floyd as p4p's best, the world finally recognizes JMM even though he was always there at the top of the throne for many years.

This was a speech that I don't believe came from Lampley, he was reading it from the screen. It was too deep and too well constructed with a lot of logic behind it, and at that time I don't think Lampley could've pulled off a speech off the hip like that.

So while he was reading it, he got emotional because he had covered JMM all these years and maybe now it rang true for him what a great fighter JMM really is and how he has sacrificed his heath for a more popular image, better fights and most importantly the dedication of 39 year old man, going up in weight just to chase the best fighter in the world.

JMM in my opinion is still a featherweight, he looked too small at 135 and even smaller at 147. It just goes to show you what heart, skills, talent and determination can do for you.
                    You can read it that way OR there's a possibility he was so enamored with Pacquiao that he was emotionally (and maybe financially) devastated by this loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
                      I was so happy for Marquez when he KO'ed pacman. I screamed and yelled.. He deserves it man.

I shed a tear of joy for that man. Never in my life I have done that lol.
                      Marquez beat 'the man' last night, this wasn't supposed to happen. Manny was supposed to win and then the money fight would still be in the publics interest, this outcome was literally like winning the lottery, very unlikely

Bob and Top Rank are seriously ****ed now with Manny's career. I would imagine they are going to put the Bradley rematch together ASAP to try and get Manny that belt back to give him some form of credibility in making another big fight

Comment

Working...
                      X