No announcement yet.

Awesome Joan Guzman tribute!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Joan Guzman tribute!

I don't want to say it because he seems to be now taking his **** seriously but what a wasted talent.

Quite possibly the biggest waste of talent in boxing history.

Outstanding defense, granite chin, very good power, speed like you wouldn't believe. Such skill yet so many demons.

I pray he gets a world title shot at 140 soon & actually doesn't come in ridiculously overweight.

Probably could of been one of the all time greats.

Isn't it rumored that Pacquiao ducked Guzman?

Comment

The best tribute video would be him actually hitting weight on the scales.

Comment

All jokes aside he could have been great. Had skills chin talent. He had it all. But food is his downfall. On the F Train on our way out from Gleasons. "Mi vicio es la comida y el PlayStation. Eso es lo que pasa" in other words "my vices are food and playstation. That's what happens". I just lol'd, good dude.

Comment

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
          Isn't it rumored that Pacquiao ducked Guzman?

I believe Guzman called him out a few times. I would of loved to of seen that fight @ 130 when they was both arguably at their very best, even now if Guzman got himself sorted & did something to warrant a shot. (of course it would presume Pac also beat Bradley)

Maybe Guzman could even target the Matthysse vs Soto winner (He holds a win over Soto already)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            The best tribute video would be him actually hitting weight on the scales.

Hahaha!
            Sod it lets just have Prince Naseems comeback fight against Guzman at heavyweight!

Comment

Guzman is the man. Gets me excited and proud about Dominican boxers and boxing. He ain't the best but he definitely could have been one of the biggest names. I think bad promotion is really what got him.

Comment

i like this one:

Comment

I started watching him right after he beat Soto, one of my mans from up there in Queens put me on to him. It was funny, cuz I was telling him about an up & coming Cuban prospect named Gamboa who had just come off a win against Darling Jimenez for the WBC belt, and he was like "yeah but he's not seeing Joan Guzman" I was like who???...lolol....Been a fan ever since, even with the weight and discipline issues.

Dude always put on a show. Its sad watching him end his career on FNF fighting tomato cans like Jesus Pabon

Comment

Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up.

Comment

Working...
                    X