No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Giacobbe Fragomeni, Silvio Branco are Ready For Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Giacobbe Fragomeni, Silvio Branco are Ready For Battle

On March 17 in Pavia, Italy, OPI 2000 (Salvatore and Christian Cherchi) will promote a major show: in the main event Giacobbe Fragomeni and Silvio Branco will fight for the vacant WBC silver world cruiserwieght title. A battle between Italian boxers is enough to excite Italian fans and that's why tickets are going fast. Photo: Fabio Bozzani.

[Click Here To Read More]

Fragomeni is still fighting? christ, maybe it's time boxers were forced to retire at 40.

Apart from B-hop and Vitali I can't think of any fighters aged over 40 that are even a shadow of their former selves.

Comment

I think Branco is older, I think he fought or was around when Johnny nelson was fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by knockoutkid View Post
        I think Branco is older, I think he fought or was around when Johnny nelson was fighting.
        That is correct. Branco is 45 & Fragomeni is 42.

Comment

I doubt many on here watched this or even cared. I ended up downloading the card it showed three fights.

It wasn't a bad fight but pretty ****ty decision in my opinion. Classic boxer vs puncher match up. I scored it 118-110 for Branco. I only gave Fragomeni two rounds. Branco boxed his ears off. Not a bad performance for the 45 yr old. Shame he got screwed.

This Guido Cavalleri refereed the co feature and did a shady job. A bad cut was opened on one fighters head from a butt. He had the doc check it like three times and fight went on. Then as soon as fight became official after four and open scoring was read what do ya know, he calls doc up again and before he even checks it Guido waves it off. Now on to the main event this guy scores it 115-115 ? WTF? Two even rounds?

Comment

Working...
          X