No announcement yet.

The Enemy Belligerent Interrogation, detention and prosecution Act of 2010

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Enemy Belligerent Interrogation, detention and prosecution Act of 2010

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

Check out what the scumbag John McCain and Joe Liebermann have hatched up.

This bill gives the president the right to detain you indefinitely if he deems you a threat, at his discretion.

It also allows for coercive interrogation i.e waterboarding, raping you and your children in front of you, raping you w/ battery acid, hanging you for weeks and breaking your bones.

All things done by the U.S so far in the war on terror.

Fight this tyranny with all of your might because if it passes, its pretty much all over.

This is legislation designed for the American people and not anyone else.

http://motherjones.com/kevin-drum/20...ution-act-2010

Originally posted by Roy O'Bannon View Post

This bill gives the president the right to detain you indefinitely if he deems you a threat, at his discretion.

It also allows for coercive interrogation i.e waterboarding, raping you and your children in front of you, raping you w/ battery acid, hanging you for weeks and breaking your bones.

Fight this tyranny with all of your might because if it passes, its pretty much all over.

Oh whatever, you know people aren't really that mean. It's only in movies and hollywood to make money, no one is that cruel in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
      Oh whatever, you know people aren't really that mean. It's only in movies and hollywood to make money, no one is that cruel in real life.
      Hitler? That one cannibal dude from Africa? Saddam Husain? Saddam Husain's kids? Fidel Castro? Yes, it is very real.

But I don't really vote for anything Dap. Too much of a hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Hitler? That one cannibal dude from Africa? Saddam Husain? Saddam Husain's kids? Fidel Castro? Yes, it is very real.

But I don't really vote for anything Dap. Too much of a hassle.
        I hear you. The electronic voting machines are rigged anyway. No use to voting nowadays.

Comment

Lets get ready to rumble.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post

Holy **** man.

Can you imagine? Even if only 1% of the 150 million gun owners in this country stood up, thats 1.5 million armed, angry Americans.

That would make Iraq, Afghanistan or Vietnam look like candy land.

Comment

I hear you. The electronic voting machines are rigged anyway. No use to voting nowadays.
              Agreed!!!!!

American's have been relieved of voting responsibility for years - Political elections are too important to leave to a bunch of lowly plebeians.

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post

My sentiment exactly ..... lock & Load.

Comment

Did you miss the memo March 4th?

Ok... I'll break is down for you... This is an expansion of what the Bush administration put into place. "Unlawful Enemy Belligerent" is any person who does not meet the 8 criteria of Article 4 of the Geneva Conventions. This was used by the Bush administration extensively as a loophole and decried by both the right and more notably the left. This leaves the detainee in a limbo, not under any guidelines of the Geneva Conventions.

Originally posted by Geneva Conventions Article 4
                A. Prisoners of war, in the sense of the present Convention, are persons belonging to one of the following categories, who have fallen into the power of the enemy:
                1. Members of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict as well as members of militias or volunteer corps forming part of such armed forces.
                2. Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, belonging to a Party to the conflict and operating in or outside their own territory, even if this territory is occupied, provided that such militias or volunteer corps, including such organized resistance movements, fulfill the following conditions:
                (a) That of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;
                (b) That of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance;
                (c) That of carrying arms openly;
                (d) That of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.
                3. Members of regular armed forces who profess allegiance to a government or an authority not recognized by the Detaining Power.
                4. Persons who accompany the armed forces without actually being members thereof, such as civilian members of military aircraft crews, war correspondents, supply contractors, members of labor units or of services responsible for the welfare of the armed forces, provided that they have received authorization from the armed forces which they accompany, who shall provide them for that purpose with an identity card similar to the annexed model.
                5. Members of crews, including masters, pilots and apprentices, of the merchant marine and the crews of civil aircraft of the Parties to the conflict, who do not benefit by more favorable treatment under any other provisions of international law.
                6. Inhabitants of a non-occupied territory, who on the approach of the enemy spontaneously take up arms to resist the invading forces, without having had time to form themselves into regular armed units, provided they carry arms openly and respect the laws and customs of war.
                B. The following shall likewise be treated as prisoners of war under the present Convention:
                1. Persons belonging, or having belonged, to the armed forces of the occupied country, if the occupying Power considers it necessary by reason of such allegiance to intern them, even though it has originally liberated them while hostilities were going on outside the territory it occupies, in particular where such persons have made an unsuccessful attempt to rejoin the armed forces to which they belong and which are engaged in combat, or where they fail to comply with a summons made to them with a view to internment.
                2. The persons belonging to one of the categories enumerated in the present Article, who have been received by neutral or non-belligerent Powers on their territory and whom these Powers are required to intern under international law, without prejudice to any more favorable treatment which these Powers may choose to give and with the exception of Articles 8, 10, 15, 30, fifth paragraph, 58-67, 92, 126 and, where diplomatic relations exist between the Parties to the conflict and the neutral or non-belligerent Power concerned, those Articles concerning the Protecting Power. Where such diplomatic relations exist, the Parties to a conflict on whom these persons depend shall be allowed to perform towards them the functions of a Protecting Power as provided in the present Convention, without prejudice to the functions which these Parties normally exercise in conformity with diplomatic and consular usage and treaties.
                C. This Article shall in no way affect the status of medical personnel and chaplains as provided for in Article 33 of the present Convention.
                The results of this ultimately leaves the detainee with no Miranda rights (which this bill endorses), which is still the same as the loophole which was exploited by GWB.

The bill clearly defines who can be targeted using the Patriot Act of 2002
                (6 U.S.C. 101(16)) The term “terrorism” means any activity that—
                (A) involves an act that—
                (i) is dangerous to human life or potentially destructive of critical infrastructure or key resources; and
                (ii) is a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State or other subdivision of the United States; and
                (B) appears to be intended—
                (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
                (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
                (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping.
                Nowhere in the bill does it make any mention of "coercive interrogation i.e waterboarding, raping you and your children in front of you, raping you w/ battery acid, hanging you for weeks and breaking your bones." That is a lie I am sure you are happy to pass along as fact.

This bill is steeped in the loopholes the Bush administration exploited and seeks to solidify it into American law to make detaining and interrogation of individuals no longer an ambiguous issue.

If you don't believe me, read it for yourself http://www.legitgov.org/enemy_belligerent_act_2010.pdf, it's only 12 pages and big print (sorry, no pictures though).

Comment

This what our guns are for Jackie Boy.

Lock and load.

Comment

And yet here you are still posting these claims. Try that **** in China.

Comment

Working...
                    X