Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bryant Jennings asking too much in wanting $2 million to fight Wlad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the other fighters Wlad is considering are Andy Ruiz and Shannon Briggs then that might give Jennings a little bit of leverage.

He is certainly a more legit and higher ranked opponent than they are.

Comment

I think it would be pretty lame if jennings turned down a title shot because he wasn't getting 2 million dollars for it. I guess he knows he hasn't got a hope and wants to cash out ... or maybe just wants to avoid the fight for now until he gets some more decent wins under his belt.

And @ laced ... yup!

Comment

If Steve Cunningham beats Glazkov in March, I'd really like to see him get the Wlad fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          If Steve Cunningham beats Glazkov in March, I'd really like to see him get the Wlad fight.
          but he already lost to fury ... why would you want him and not fury to get the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
            but he already lost to fury ... why would you want him and not fury to get the fight?
            So? Chisora lost to Fury then went on to fight Vitali?

Losses can be overrated in boxing, mma today and boxing in the old days shows just because a guy loses doesn't mean they can't make good fights anymore. Steve's on a bit of a roll, if he beats a top HW like Glazkov he's earned it more so than anyone other than Fury. I think he gets destroyed, but maybe he surprises us? He's talented, smart, fast hands with a good punch.

Plus it'd be a feel good story given everything his family went through.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Ah come on.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Ah come on.
                If he beats Glazkov (on HBO at that), how is he less deserving than Jennings or Ruiz? If Wlad & HBO want a US opponent for MSG, Cunningham is probably the most deserving candidate. None of those fights are exactly that competitive, hell Pulev didn't have a chance.

Comment

Didn't Alex Leapai make like $1.5 million to fight Klitschko? Maybe that was in Australian dollars though...

Comment

Dont blame him. His career will pretty much be over when kitschko kos him so he's trying to cash out

Comment

Yes, he should be getting $1.75M-2M to fight the HW king.

Comment

Working...
                      X