Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The more effective style? Floyd, Rigo or Wlad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
    Rigo is very defensive and it's a good way not to lose. Floyd doesn't really have too much of a "style" anyhow. He makes adjustments based on the fight, Rigo basically has one style that never changes...all in all my other post stands, Rigos pure "style" is more efficent. Floyd has gotten into brawls before and it isn't all that efficent.
    But his freakish ability to adapt is what makes him so unique. He usually takes 2 rounds to figure a guy out then counters the **** out of them, id consider that a style . And like i said not enough of a track-record for Rigo to make an honest unbiased comparison as to the effectiveness of both their styles w.e people's opinion about Floyd no way he would have made it to where he is at without great technique and boxing mind . Some may even argue that being able to abandon your style and be able to go balls to the wall is an attribute. Idk if Rigo will ever face a guy that will make him do that tho the guy has ice in his veins.
    Last edited by DannYankee; 12-18-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      You can't really count Wlad, because how many fighters are 7 feet tall 300 lbs. and all muscle?
      lol ur reaching hes 6ft6 and 240
      and beats taller and bigger guys all the time

Comment

Since you said "other", I'll say Andre Ward. It's not always pretty, but it's very effective.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
          I voted Floyd because Rigo just does not have a long enough track record as a pro to make any kind of honest comparison to Floyd superb style and how it has benefited him in the long run. I cant vote Wlad because i seen him get put to sleep although he has developed many "tricky" ways of avoiding that.
          This is a respectable opinion. I'd have to agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Birkonian View Post
            Which one of these fighters has the more effective style of fighting? Three of the sports leading dominators.
            If you were to take each other styles and put them at any weight class I would say Mayweather or Rigondeaux.

Comment

Floyd pretty clearly as Wlad gets hurt and rigo sometimes can get dropped, Floyd doesn't have that happen often lol

Comment

1. Floyd - the master of defense. whether you like him or not, his defensive style of fighting is just amazing.

2. Rigo - hasn't fought enough at pro level to be put ahead of Floyd, but he's definitely a top 5 fighter in the sport when it comes to skill level. I could see him retiring undefeated at this point.

3. Wlad - personally, I can't stand his style of fighting at all. his fights bore the **** out of me & he has almost no competition. he's good though, but just personally not really a fan.

Comment

I don't want to get into a technical debate with the NSB pop, which is 99.9% Ignorace and trolling and .1% knowledgable discussion, so I will simply say this:

Rigo, then Floyd, no Klit deserves to be on such a list but being the only other person there, he falls to 3rd by default.

Comment

They all work quite effective since none of them ever loses anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                      Rigo is very defensive and it's a good way not to lose. Floyd doesn't really have too much of a "style" anyhow. He makes adjustments based on the fight, Rigo basically has one style that never changes...all in all my other post stands, Rigos pure "style" is more efficent. Floyd has gotten into brawls before and it isn't all that efficent.
                      Floyd fights like he's in the Matrix. Rigondeaux fights like he's The One.

Comment

Working...
                      X