No announcement yet.

Brits on tour

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Aye but he travelled over there last year to beat Mads Larsen, I guess his promoter's/management are taking anything they can get. A lot of the comments from those who saw the fight are questioning why he isn't on TV as he has a fan friendly style.

I don't think he had much of an amateur career, into unlicensed boxing and decided to turn professional. He's still young but I'd like to see someone with a tv deal pick him up as he obviously has some talent.
    The Skoglund fight was a great one. Blackledge did well late in the fight, but lost the decision by a couple of rounds. It's worth DL'ing if you can find it.

Comment

Anyone else looking forward to seeing Buckland tonight?

Comment

Buckland never fought.

I'm going to introduce a little chart for the next lot of ' Brit's abroad '. I'll detail the results and tally up how many victories/losses we have against the nationality of the opponent(s).

Comment

Lenny Daws' 27th April fight with Italy's Michele Di Rocco has been pushed back to the 8th June.

Prince Arron travels to Monaco on the 13th July to face Ukrainian middleweight, Max Bursak.
          Last edited by D-MiZe; 05-20-2013, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Richard Towers travels down under to take on Lucas Browne, 25th July.

Hughie Fury fights in Canada, 21st June. Opponent TBA.

Comment

Hope Browne v Towers happens....think they were slated to fight a few months back but Towers got injured.

Strange it is not happening in the UK (seems a natural with The Ashes bubbling along in the background) but I think Browne is the bigger draw and can sell more tickets etc.

Mixed feelings about RT - colossal, cut guy and clearly has power to spare - but got himself into a right pickle against Gregory Tony and that's not a particularly encouraging sign as GT is nothing too special.

Hats off to Richard if the goes down to Oz and wins this one.

Comment

Travis Dickinson travels to Germany on the 8th June to take on Eduard Gutknecht for a WBA trinket, so it'll be a 12 rounder.

Bob Ajisafe, who took Dickinson's 0, is fighting hot German prospect, Robert Woge, for an IBF trinket on the undercard.

Both those fights are on the undercard of another British fighter, Ola Afolabi, who's taking on Marco Huck in their third meeting.

Comment

Working...
                X