No announcement yet.

Chris Arreola may be fighting Michael Grant on September 15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Arreola may be fighting Michael Grant on September 15

Looks like promoter Dan Goossen is looking to have Chris Arreola fight 6'7" Michael Grant to help Chris prepare to fight Wladimir Klitschko:

from Dan Rafael today:

Promoter Dan Goossen is looking to put together a card on Sept. 15 -- Mexican Independence Day -- from a site in California that would feature heavyweight contender (and Mexican-American) Cristobal Arreola, possibly against former title challenger Michael Grant, and featherweight titlist Jhonny Gonzalez of Mexico. Gonzalez would face Roinet Caballero, whom he was supposed to face last Saturday.

Now this is a great fight. Grant has been looking pretty decent as of late and his lost to adamek wasn't that bad at all.

Comment

make it happen.

Comment

This is Arreola's chance to prove that's he isn't just a club fighter. Grant actually has a solid chance here. If Arreola dominates him, I'll change my opinion about him.

Comment

Will definitely watch this fight. Make it happen!!

Comment

Goosen promotions clearly think very little of Arreola.They have a very solid,credible contender in Tony Thompson in their ranks,and yet they still continue to match Arreola against unranked opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
              Goosen promotions clearly think very little of Arreola.They have a very solid,credible contender in Tony Thompson in their ranks,and yet they still continue to match Arreola against unranked opposition.
              This is called risk management. It's the job of a promoter to mitigate as much risk as possible with the maxium upside. Grant is not as formible opponent as Seth Mitchell, Kev Johnson, Tony Thompson (who is fighting Eddie Chambers in an IBF eliminator in Aug) but he is a credible opponent IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                Now this is a great fight. Grant has been looking pretty decent as of late and his lost to adamek wasn't that bad at all.
                Yes, I think there's a chance of an upset in this one. Grant has his confidence back since he's no longer working with Teddy Atlas. Michael doesn't have a good chin, but he hits very hard and he has an 86" reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  Yes, I think there's a chance of an upset in this one. Grant has his confidence back since he's no longer working with Teddy Atlas. Michael doesn't have a good chin, but he hits very hard and he has an 86" reach.
                  Grant came within a hair of knocking Adamek out in the last round.

Would like to see this fight.

I see Ross Greenberg is out at HBO and hear Dan Rafael might be going there soon as matchmaker. I know Rafael is really pissed that ESPN didn't send him to Germany for Haye-Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                    Uhm what? Thompson is about to right Fast Eddie for the mandatory shot at Wlad. Arreola is currently being built up for a shot against Wlad down the line.

Both guys fighting Wladimir would mean paydays for both guys as well as more money Dan Goosen.

Comment

Working...
                    X