Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was Shane Mosley First 50kish payday in boxing? which fight was it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was Shane Mosley First 50kish payday in boxing? which fight was it.

I think we can narrow down whos the slimy promoter hes talking about. He gave us all the clues.

"I was approached by this slimy promoter, offered a million $ under the table 2 lose 2 his guy. my biggest purse b4 that was like $50k so I was like a million $ wow. But I couldn't lose I love the respect 2 much, but I had taken fight b4 he made the offer so I had 2 fight. I KOed the guy. Mistake. After that I was getting death threats on some mafia type ****. People following me, had 2 throw them hands in a dark alley 1 night on some gangster ish. I still don't know how I got out of that 1 cause I should have been dead bout three four times by now. So then this guy who I turned down 2work with me had it out 4 me so he set me up a few fights with the sole purpose of ending my career & I ended up taking L's. After those 4 loses every1 said "hang it up. Your washed up. U can't win" but I keep proving people wrong & coming back 2 beat Vargas x2. Mayorga, Margarito, Cano. Cause I'm the comeback kid. Hate fuels me. Cause I like to prove people wrong."

Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 04-27-2016, 12:16 AM.

Cedric kushner or gary shaw.....

But honestly, his story doesn't make sense...
    he says his highest payday was 50k, and I'm pretty sure he made more than 50kmfor the holiday fight, so one must assume it was pre holiday, but if you look at the opponents he fought prior, none would be a "promoters guy" that they would want mosely to take a dive for... And then he states he took for L's dealing with this guy, so I assume it's forrest n winky.. According to boxrec, the promoters for those fights were kushner and shaw..

If the story is true, it's one of them

Comment

Wasn't Vernon al haymons first fighter

It had to be one of his first few title fights. No way he was only getting 50k as lightweight champion
      Last edited by HanzGruber; 04-27-2016, 12:27 AM.

Comment

It hurts my head trying to figure out what Mosley is talking about there, can somebody fluent in ebonics and gibberish translate it?

Comment

Working...
        X