Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question to GGG fans. Is Lara a threat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big fan of both, and yes he would be. Too bad there's conflicting networks and everything.

But make no mistake. If Angulo could fight a basically even fight with Lara until the eye thing, and drop him, Golovkin would have a good shot as well. He's bigger, stronger, and has more skills as well.

I like Lara, but he became the man to beat Mayweather and anyone else in the world, and he's only a fight removed from being dropped by Angulo in a fairly even fight, and stinking out the joint and struggling at times with Vanes. He fought a GREAT fight against Trout, but let's hold up on the hype. If he beats down Canelo, I'd love to see Lara-Floyd.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 02-15-2014, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Lara is a threat maybe in the first four rounds or so and can outbox GGG in those rounds but after that GGG would adjust to Lara's style and TKO him in the 6th or 7th.

Comment

If angulo was able to find Lara and drop him a few times, I think ggg would hunt him down and stop him or win a close decision with knock downs being the difference.. Lara would be game, but I don't think he could withstand the ggg onslaught over 12 rounds...
        I think it would look a lot like quillen-n'dam

Comment

Psst.. Hey you... Yeah you... Come here.. *whispers into his ear* Thou shalt not speak of the great GGG in any matter of threats around these parts.. *looks around then walks away*..

Comment

A threat? No, honestly no. Golovkin cuts off the ring as well as anybody and Lara can't fight on the inside, I have to heavily favor Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              I've never seen so many fans get so upset, bent out of shape and angry at Lara for challenging Golovkin.

I think GGG beats Lara and probably stops him.

Let's put HBO to the side; hypothetically speaking, be honest please, do you GGG fans feel Lara is a threat?
              You know what it is....Sanchez all of a sudden comes up with a book of excuses and HBO says no way Jose....Kirkland sounds like a good plan though. The HBO -Showtime fued is the reason although 2 of GGG's last 3 fights have been off of HBO and PPV events.......yeah, go kick rocks man, you ain't fooling anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                If angulo was able to find Lara and drop him a few times, I think ggg would hunt him down and stop him or win a close decision with knock downs being the difference.. Lara would be game, but I don't think he could withstand the ggg onslaught over 12 rounds...
                I think it would look a lot like quillen-n'dam
                You do know that Lara stopped Angulo though right?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  You know what it is....Sanchez all of a sudden comes up with a book of excuses and HBO says no way Jose....Kirkland sounds like a good plan though. The HBO -Showtime fued is the reason although 2 of GGG's last 3 fights have been off of HBO and PPV events.......yeah, go kick rocks man, you ain't fooling anyone.
                  Dude you mus be ******ed, cause it's been explained a dozen times. He fights in Europe off HBO once a year, and they get a chance to pick it up if they want. He just did, so the next time will probably be in february 2015

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    You do know that Lara stopped Angulo though right?
                    Yeah due to injury,,, Lara won fair and square, but if he doesn't land that shot that destroys angulo's eye socket, then angulo would have won that fight off the knock downs.
                    I highly doubt Lara is going to land another eye socket destroying shot... Those rarely happen to the same fighter in multiple fights..

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Dude you mus be ******ed, cause it's been explained a dozen times. He fights in Europe off HBO once a year, and they get a chance to pick it up if they want. He just did, so the next time will probably be in february 2015
                      Right.....HBO refuses legitimate comp in favor of walking punching bags who fight at 154 as opposed to legit 160 comp? Schit is a joke, I don't care what the reason is...they want tailor-made opposition for him on their network or they won't air it; anyone who can't see that or refuses to is the truly ******ed one.

I'm tired of being force-feed cool-aide - drink it up man but I know the deal, these clowns aren't fooling anyone. Once a year you say....he fights 4 times a year yet both Ishida and Adama were off of HBO's airwaves and they were less than 12 calendar months apart.....weird...

**Don't know what I was thinking about the time frames but the point remains, they won't air him against an opponent who has mobility because that doesn't suit their agenda.
                      Last edited by mathed; 02-16-2014, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X