Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I disagree everybody I know talks about the fight and they are not hardcore boxing fans; the fight is promoted more on the Internet than TV ads. ESPN and sportcenter will start promoting and covering the fight Monday according to Dan Rafeal. Will it break the Oscar-Floyd record most likely no.

Comment

• It pretty much comes down to two things:

1) Floyd is back to fighting for a second this year. Had he taken another year off and then signed on to fight Canelo, shotime/CBS would've put in the same effort as they did for Guerrero/Floyd.

2. Canelo's lack of speaking English. Nothing really happened. Floyd didn't run him down to his face (I don't know who you beat or who you lost to); Nobody in his camp is a as loud as Guerrero's father was. His dad tried to be like Danny Garcia's dad.

Comment

• I thought Floyd was the biggest and highest paid athlete in sports? Does he really need a ton of promotion? Isn't his name just being in the news enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          That seemed like the 1st time they got under Canelo's skin.

Comment

• It's getting ridiculous amounts of promotion on Spanish channels like Univision.. Can't watch a soccer game without seeing a commercial or advertisement for the fight..

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
              I just hope the names of the guys sell itself but I think you are playing with fire charging these prices with this garbage promotion. I thought we would see something very similar to Floyd-Oscar with this promotion but I think its actually been closer to the Ghost fight.

They did alot of stops on the tour but other then that I feel like meh. I think we all thought the Ghost promotion was meh but I put it on Showtime's 1st big fighter in awhile, had a short time to promote it, and they knew Canelo was next.

This time though, its bascially the same. Im not feeling the buzz. Im not hearing the non stop talk on Sportscenter. What happened to all the stuff CBS was suppose to do? They did more for the Ghost fight then they have for this one and it wasnt that much then.

Showtime just isnt stepping up like HBO did. I dont see all the stops being pulled out. Thats not even counting the great card we have. They should have some kinda mini countdown thing or side thing for lucas-Garcia. They should have someone on TV speaking out and hyping that fight up.

I dont even think the casual fans know about that fight. They need someone on TV telling people that the co main event is one of the biggest fights in boxing to the hardcore fans. That the winner will probaby get Floyd next. That Danny is undefeated and they are calling Lucas the next Pacquiao. People would be intrigued.

I just dont get it. So you do a crap promition and jack the prices up. There is no way it challanges Oscar. It may not have beat it anyways but it couldve gave it a run for its money or something. I even thought they should do 5 episodes of All Access or something a lil extra or different.

Maybe on Monday fightweek will hit and it will blowup but Im just not feeling even a 10th of the buzz that I thought I would see. Why would Showtime give Floyd all this money and 2 fights in, not try all they can to make these fights so big that they get a huge return? No matter what they get, they couldve gotten more. I dont care how well it does, it couldve been better and it shouldve been better
              We were just talking about this in the barbershop today...still feels like the fight is months away cuz there is no buzz whatsoever.

Comment

• What are you talking about? Showtime spent truckloads of money to promote this fight. Can't imagine how much they spend on the tour alone.

Comment

• I agree. Talk to casual sports fans and they have no clue about it. I am excited as are boxing fans but the general public is not clued in. Delahoya was definitely bigger but remember he was a gold medal Olympian from the USA that female fans loved in the era before internet became huge. That ppv record will be hard to beat, unless a mainstream guy like that occurs again.

Comment

• Yeah def the build up for this fight has not been what was expected. Hbo should be carrying this fight

Comment

• Floyd got knocked down in sparring?

http://mediatakeout.com/m64866/mto-w...is-career.html

Comment

Working...
                      X