Quillin gives more excuses not to fight Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
    quillin is the biggest fraud in the mw division

seriously if this guy was european everybody would be ripping him for the opposition he's been facing and the way he's been protected

I hope he gets exposed but guerrero probably isn't good enough to pull it off....

who's next for this guy? peter manfredo?
    nope, Marco Antonio Rubio is next

I really like Quillin. I think he's pretty charismatic and can be entertaining in the ring. However, his competition has been lame as hell, and fighting the likes of Rubio is not gonna improve my perception of him. The titlists all want to build their brand before fighting each other, and I can't be mad at that. But Rubio isn't gonna cut it, he should fight Pirog after Guerrero.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 01-26-2013, 12:19 AM.

Comment

lol "over at Floyd hype". makes perfect sense. he ushered in the new era of fighter who only has one concern, avoid the best challenges and use money as an excuse.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

So the unbiased people at FH couldn't mention that Golovkin is the sole WBA champion and that Geale was stripped? Surely they knew this but didn't want to correct him?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          I don't know how much say Pete has in choosing his opponents, but he gives me the impression that he's extremely grateful to be where he is. Also, he seems to think he's a little bigger than he really is. I don't think Quillin wants to jeopardize what he's worked for just yet, not unless he's getting paid lovely. Golovkin is a dangerous opponent for anyone. Pete may not make it past him. As of now, I'm inclined to favor GGG in this match-up.
          Ahhhh the Mayweather logic

Its called ducking

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            Just based on that last poll in this forum, Golovkin is a 10 to 1 favorite. No way Golden Boy makes the fight with those type odds even if Quillin wants it.

What? 613k is terrible. It was the lowest rated HBO fight in 2011.

But to be fair to Quillin, it was his first HBO fight. Golovkin also had a terrible start seeing how he might have broken the all time record low for a main event in his debut. In in the grand scheme of things Golovkin's 800k against Rosado isn't particularly great either, but it's telling that it got higher ratings than the main event. Very good sign.

I thought he meant 613k viewers just exclusivley for the quillin/mckewan fight. Golovkins ratings will keep going up he seems to be gaining a steady fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Ahhhh the Mayweather logic

Its called ducking
              Yes and no. If Pete takes on Golovkin within a reasonable time-frame, there's no duck. If he waits years to fight GGG, if ever at all, then it's a duck. You expect Quillin to take on Gennady just because he asked? Please. Who does that?

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                I thought he meant 613k viewers just exclusivley for the quillin/mckewan fight. Golovkins ratings will keep going up he seems to be gaining a steady fanbase.
                613k just for the Quillin fight is exactly what I meant. Angulo-Kirkkland, the main event, got 934k.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  So the unbiased people at FH couldn't mention that Golovkin is the sole WBA champion and that Geale was stripped? Surely they knew this but didn't want to correct him?
                  Their interviewing technique tends to consist mainly of "hmmm", "tee hee" and "that's right, champ".

They're not in the business of pulling up fighters.

Comment

I like Kid Chocolate a lot, but he is spewing some nonsense here. He doesn't have a reason in the world not to fight GGG. Straight up bull****. And he's *****ing about the fact that Sergio didn't fight him? GTFOH.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Yes and no. If Pete takes on Golovkin within a reasonable time-frame, there's no duck. If he waits years to fight GGG, if ever at all, then it's a duck. You expect Quillin to take on Gennady just because he asked? Please. Who does that?
                      It doesnt take years to duck a fighter, all it takes is an dumb excuse like "he's not big enough yet"

I expect quillin to fight him because he wants the fight and its between 2 title holders, who are top fighters in the division

Theres no reason this fight shouldnt happen

Comment

Working...
                      X