Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After seeing Pacquiao-Marquez 3, does Floyd finally get his due for beating JMM???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
    Anyone know the fight night weights for May-JMM?

That's what tells the story.

JMM put the weight on much better 2nd time around, was roughly the same size, and has a style that neutralises Pac's usually dominate offence.

Marquez was something like 144, I think. Not sure.

But I do remember Mayweather flat out refused to be weighed on fight night. I think he was around the 154lbs mark, myself. He looked like a legit JMW.

Comment

Ive been saying this all alone.

The reason Pac came from 135 to 147 and avoided Bradley, Holt, Campbell, Diaz, Petersen, Khan, Ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        You just had to know this would be the bull**** excuse. "He put the weight on better!" And aged two years to 38, cancelling that garbage out.
        Closed question, opponents aside - did JMM perform in himself, athletically and all round, better at that weight last night than he did 2 years ago?

Yes/No?

Comment

People keep talking about styles. That's only part of it. Its about skills. Point blank.

Comment

Closed question, opponents aside - did JMM perform in himself, athletically and all round, better at that weight last night than he did 2 years ago?

Yes/No?
            The only difference was the calibre of opposition

Comment

Ive been saying this all alone.

The reason Pac came from 135 to 147 and avoided Bradley, Holt, Campbell, Diaz, Petersen, Khan, Ortiz and Alexzander is because a slick fighter wh has decent boxing skills will make him look silly. COTTO, CLOTTEY, MARGARITO, PAST IT DELAHOYA AND MOSLEY WERE MADE TO ORDER HENCEFORTH HE WOULDNT FIGHT YURI FOREMAN OR MOSLEY AT FIRST AND NOW NOT MARTINEZ OR FLOYD.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                After seeing Pacquiao-Marquez 3, a fight that Marquez arguably won (I had it a draw), does Floyd finally get the respect and his due credit for dominating Marquez over 2 years ago??? I mean, Marquez, past even being as good as he was 2-3 years ago, just gave Pacquiao hell one again, and argubaly won again.

Will you Floyd haters finally give him the credit he deserves for his dominating performance over Marquez???
                Floyd came 2 lbs overweight against a lightweight and enjoyed a 10 lbs advantage or more plus he forced Marquez to be the aggressor otherwise if Marquez fought like the way he fought Pac. What do you think will happen to their fight?

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
                  People keep talking about styles. That's only part of it. Its about skills. Point blank.
                  i wonder why pbf couldn't make 144

Comment

Floyd weighed 150 on fight night against Marquez, and I think Marquez was 146 on fight night (could be wrong). Marquez put on the weight better??? Marquez looked just as slow and immobile against Pac last night as he did against Floyd, Mayweather's style dominates Marquez. The extra 2 lbs that Floyd weighed a day before the fight was not a determining factor, how can anyone think that??? Also, Marquez was probably better 2-3 years ago in 08-09 than he is in 11'. I just think Floyd should actually get some credit for beating him in one one of the most one-sided fights I have ever seen.

Also, gotta love that Pacquiao and Arum have a reason to not fight Floyd on May 5, 2012 now. Gotta love it!

130, 135, 140, 144, 147, Mayweather beats Marquez. S**t, i think the past prime-still really good version of Floyd (2009-present) beats a prime Marquez (1999-2005).

Styles make fights, yes, but you have to take into account how dominating his performance was over Marquez. I still don't think Floyd was over 150 against Marquez, when have we EVER seen him come in over 150??? Not once. And he still looked mad quick against Marquez. He was weighing in at 154 like other people said, he would have looked slower, but he didn't. He's only come in officially even at 150 twice (De La Hoya and Ortiz). I still don't think Floyd weighed above 150 against Marquez.

The point of this thread was just for people to actually think about giving Floyd his just due in the ring. Also, does anyone think Floyd's holding up the fight now??? All facts aside, which point to Pac's camp not being able to get their story straight, you really think Floyd is holding up the fight now??? At least Pac and Arum have a reason to not fight Mayweather next May.....Pacquiao-Marquez 4!!! Nope.

Pacquiao-Marquez 1: 113-113 Draw.
                    Pacquiao-Marquez 2: 114-113 Marquez.
                    Pacquiao-Marquez 3: 114-114 Draw.
                    Last edited by 4Corners; 11-13-2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Yes/No?
                      Opponents aside? Do you follow boxing? Because if you did you would know that's not possible. What kind of absurdity is this? Uhh...closed question...do you think Trinidad just trained better against Joppy than he did Hopkins? Get a grip.

Comment

Working...
                      X