UFC bans Vuvuzelas from UFC 116

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC bans Vuvuzelas from UFC 116

DANA WHITE – ‘WE’LL MAKE ENOUGH NOISE THIS WEEKEND’

Las Vegas, NV (USA) – As the world prepares for the greatest heavyweight title fight of the past two decades, the Ultimate Fighting Championship® made a stunning announcement today that will undoubtedly have a global impact. UFC President Dana White confirmed that vuvuzelas, pesky noise makers used infamously by South African fans at this year’s World Cup, have been banned at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas this Saturday.

Thus, when UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar enters the cage to battle interim beltholder Shane Carwin in the most important heavyweight fight since the Ali era, fans will have to rely on their voices, hands, and feet to root on their favorite athlete.

“This decision was pretty simple for me,” White said. “Vuvuzelas make the most horrific sound I’ve ever heard. I’d rather let Brock punch me in the face than hear 15,000 people blow on those things. This is the biggest heavyweight fight we’ve ever done. We’ll make enough noise this weekend when Brock and Shane finally step inside the Octagon.”

UFC 116 is available live on Pay-Per-View at 10pm ET/7pm PT on iN DEMAND, DIRECTV, DISH Network, TVN, BellTV, Shaw Communications, Sasktel, and Viewer’s Choice Canada for a suggested retail price of $44.99 US/$49.99 CAN for standard definition or high-definition broadcasts (where available).

For more information, or current UFC fight news, visit UFC.com.
    Good, I hate those ****ing vuvuzelas.

Cant stand them either.

Comment

the most important heavyweight fight since the Ali era
      is he being serious?

Comment

Working...
      X