No announcement yet.

Great quality Benn vs McClellan vid.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great quality Benn vs McClellan vid.

I know this topic seems to cycle round quite often but i found a copy of this fight which is better than any ive seen.

The heart both of these guys showed was unbelievable, Benn to come back from being out on his feet, McClellan for fighting through whatever madness was going on in his brain during this fight. Both had to go to hospital after the fight, Benn slipped in and out of consciousness and McClellan obviously in massive trouble.

I like to watch this fight sometimes as reminder of what these fighters risk everytime they step in the ring for our entertainment.

Jim Watt's comments on McClennan at the time of the stoppage really kill me even after hearing them so many times.

I know he didn't know what was wrong with him at the time but even still, hearing the words knowing what was really happening to McClennan in hindsight is a real stab in the heart.

Jim Watt being an utter utter **** even without these comments, these comments are just the icing on the cake for this utter pr1ck, even though i have to admit he wasn't to know at the time. I just can't stand the pr1ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

I know this topic seems to cycle round quite often but i found a copy of this fight which is better than any ive seen.

The heart both of these guys showed was unbelievable, Benn to come back from being out on his feet, McClellan for fighting through whatever madness was going on in his brain during this fight. Both had to go to hospital after the fight, Benn slipped in and out of consciousness and McClellan obviously in massive trouble.

I like to watch this fight sometimes as reminder of what these fighters risk everytime they step in the ring for our entertainment.
      PS Don't expect many replies to this thread due to this comment.

It's too painful to face for the many many internet warriors we have on this forum. Those who are so quick to label these real life warriors with tags such as cowards, b1tches, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post

It's too painful to face for the many many internet warriors we have on this forum. Those who are so quick to label these real life warriors with tags such as cowards, b1tches, etc etc.
        Spot on. These people are not boxing fans though. They're usually fans of a particular fighter. If they weren't they'd probably be fans of Justin Beiber or One Direction. But following a fighter & slagging off other fighters & fight fans makes them feel really tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post

Yup agreed, when people label Cotto a quitter or Ortiz when he broke his jaw its ridiculous if you ask me.

The commentary is difficult, the British commentators did a much better job than HBO in picking out McClellans blinking and the fact he looked way different to usual. But yeah after the fight i dont think Watt especially quite grasped what was going on.

For me this is boxing at its most primal, its difficult to watch at times because of its brutality but just because of that its hard to look away.

Comment

Working...
          X