Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher all-time at lightweight: Shane Mosley or Jose Luis Castillo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosley really didnt do much at 135, I think 147 was his best weight.

Comment

...........Bump......

Comment

Based on resume its castillo by a long way,Mosley didnt really do that much at 135

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
          JLC faced the better opponents. Who did SSM beat at 135? JLC had 2 competitive fightz against Mayweather. Lost and beat Chico at 135. He beat Casamayor/ Juan Lazcano. JLC was considered the best 135 pounder when Mayweather beat him. I've yet to remember what SSM did at 135. SSM looked DAMN impressive (Don't get me wrong) but those were BUMZ he was facing...reason why he averaged all those K.O's
          Holliday, Molina and Leija were hardly bums. They were impressive, solid champions at the time. They obviously don't have the name of a Casa, Corrales etc and weren't as good overall, but they were excellent fighters.

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
          Mosley was more talented, but Castillo faced the best and went to war with every single one of them. He may have come out second best a few times, but that's what happens when you face the best fighters in the division.

Head to head, in their primes, i'm sure Mosley would have beaten Castillo at Lightweight, but Castillo will go down as a better Lightweight as time goes.
          He should, but he won't. Ever. At lightweight Castillo has a much greater resume. Stevie Johnston alone is better than anything Mosley did. Johnston, although getting long in the tooth, was a great little fighter and man they were good fights. But then you add in Casamayor (certainly one of the best SFW, LW champs of recent eras), Corrales, Bazan, Diaz and Lazcano (those last two wins are solid, but not as good as Holliday, Leija or Molina) along with Paez, though that might have been at FW or SFW...and it ****s on Mosley's to be honest.

Plus throw in what should have been a close win over Mayweather, or just two close fights, and that seals the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            Mosley will be ranked higher I'm afraid, even though his resume is lacking. I've already seen him rated in some top 5 all time LW lists...

I'm definitely a fan of Mosley but he is nowhere near, atleast based on resume.
            Please tell me you're joking. That is not even close to defensible...

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
              Please tell me you're joking. That is not even close to defensible...

You have to remember that post was almost a year and a half ago. Floyd was retired and fans and detractors of Mayweather could use Castillo either way to justify their opinions. Fans of Floyd would say he should be considered great for his recent resume and good showing against Floyd. Detractors would use his resume and say he should have been given the win over Floyd. Either way its a joke, as Castillo probably doesn't make the top 15 let alone top 5.

Comment

People don't realize that Mosley virtually never fought at 135, he dropped down solely for title fights.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

You have to remember that post was almost a year and a half ago. Floyd was retired and fans and detractors of Mayweather could use Castillo either way to justify their opinions. Fans of Floyd would say he should be considered great for his recent resume and good showing against Floyd. Detractors would use his resume and say he should have been given the win over Floyd. Either way its a joke, as Castillo probably doesn't make the top 15 let alone top 5.
                  The quote was about Mosley, not Castillo, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
                    The quote was about Mosley, not Castillo, though.

Oops, my bad!

My new response........please tell me he's joking!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                      Mosley was obviously the more talented guy, was undefeated at the weight, and would be favored H-2-H over Castillo. However, Mr. I Can't Make Weight's resume at 135 takes an Al Bundy **** all over Mosley's resume at 135. He fought a who's who of lightweight during his time there, fighting the best guys around.

Who ranks higher all-time at 135?
                      castillo stops mosely.
                      and he has a better record

Comment

Working...
                      X