No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Cotto Learned Some of His Moves From Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Cotto Learned Some of His Moves From Me

Pound-for-pound boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs) believes WBA junior middleweight chamopion Miguel Cotto (37-2, 30KOs) is using some of his movements, and tactics, in the ring. Several years ago, both boxers were stablemates under Las Vegas-based Top Rank Promotions.

[Click Here To Read More]

Yeahhhh. I don't think so.

I think he learned his style in the Amateurs and from his first fight to Margo II he's been basically the same guy style wise.

Sure he's made adjustments. But not enough for me to think he picked up anything from Floyd.

Comment

No Floyd, he fights way different from you. He only does that pseudo shoulder roll block but that's it. There's also about 30 other boxers who do things in a similar way that you do, they all copied you too?

Comment

Possibly true for the shoulder rolls at least.

Cotto isn't as good at it though.

Comment

No way he dont run around the ring throwing pot shots> Cotto actually fights and isnt boring to watch like Floyd is

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Yeahhhh. I don't think so.

I think he learned his style in the Amateurs and from his first fight to Margo II he's been basically the same guy style wise.

Sure he's made adjustments. But not enough for me to think he picked up anything from Floyd.
            Well, can't hate on the man for trying: (@ 7:50)

http://youtu.be/KN4arusQ7eA?t=7m50s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN4ar...elated&t=7m50s

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              No way he dont run around the ring throwing pot shots> Cotto actually fights and isnt boring to watch like Floyd is
              Damn. You really hate Floyd.

Comment

Cotto does try to emulate Floyd at times.

Comment

I do believe Cotto sat there and watch him. Floyd was climbing fast and Cotto at the beginning was a student of the game. Even with his limitation he tries a vague version of the shoulder roll.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    shall i post vids of cotto RUNNING, LITERALLY?

Comment

Working...
                    X