Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ricky Hatton a bum? Where do you rate him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quit talking about hatton he was overrated and now he is done. Move on!!

Comment

getting 40+ wins with 0 loss is not a bum

its just may and pac are ATG, so losing to them is fine

but for some reason, he is called a bum by a lot of cotto fans

Comment

Hatton accomplished a lot wit very little. He's had a good career. He just came up short in 2 of his 3 biggest fights.

Comment

Ive had this argument with friends many times, but basically agreed on the fact that he was in between 2 levels, in his prime he was better than your average world champion of today, but not a truly elite operator. He over-achieved to get in the pound 4 pound list, he probably deserved to be there because of his achievments, but his boxing ability was not at the level you would normally associated with a top 10 guy.

At his best he was an excellent fighter, put pressure on for 3 minutes, very good handspeed and footspeed, and whether you liked his style or not it was extremely hard to beat.

Comment

My opinion he was an Excellent fighter who was good for boxing...he made so many fans start watching the sport !
            i dont think we will ever see another fighter in MMA Or Boxing with a bigger Fan base than Hatton has !
            Lets see ether the UFC or any other boxer put 56000 fans through the gate to an event ..or 20000 fans abroad just to watch a weigh in....fcuk me the ufc can only get 20000 fans to go watch lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
              My opinion he was an Excellent fighter who was good for boxing...he made so many fans start watching the sport !
              i dont think we will ever see another fighter in MMA Or Boxing with a bigger Fan base than Hatton has !
              Lets see ether the UFC or any other boxer put 56000 fans through the gate to an event ..or 20000 fans abroad just to watch a weigh in....fcuk me the ufc can only get 20000 fans to go watch lol
              well said man,

well said.

Comment

i wouldnt call him a bum. i would say he's average. he was hyped up by people and feed average fighters. he has a huge fan base. so they set him up for stardom. as soon as he stepped up to elite comp he was exposed. he's an ok fighter. ok fighters do win championships by the way so dont use that he won world titles crap.

Comment

Malignaggi is the definition of an average fighter. Hatton completely destroyed him. That shows he's above average and with all he's accomplished and his only losses being against the best, he is definitely an excellent fighter who falls just short of elite.

Comment

As a boxer, skills-wise, no more than average to decent. But as a fighter, heart-wise, he was excellent IMO. He came to fight (and hug), and had that non-stop pressure brawling style which worked against the opposition he faced... until Mayweather came along.

Hence, the poll options are missing "good".

Comment

Hatton has won fighter of the year award.

Comment

Working...
                      X