Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Mayweather vs Cotto on Fox....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I gave Cotto more than 3 rounds. But it was the toughest fight Floyd has had in some time. Every round he won he had to EARN. So really saying it was 9-3 doesn't do Cotto justice. He made Floyd think about retirement lol

Comment

I totally agree TS. After 8 I had it a tie and also round 10 was a swing round. Mayweather won clearly a good tough chess match.

Only nuthuggers or haters depending on who you listen to, will say Cotto only won 2 rounds, that Mayweather dominated very easy bla bla.

In reality Cotto fought a very good fight but gassed!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
        I totally agree TS. After 8 I had it a tie and also round 10 was a swing round. Mayweather won clearly a good tough chess match.

Only nuthuggers or haters depending on who you listen to, will say Cotto only won 2 rounds, that Mayweather dominated very easy bla bla.

In reality Cotto fought a very good fight but gassed!
        Mayweather did dominate him.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          I don't think I gave Cotto more than 3 rounds. But it was the toughest fight Floyd has had in some time. Every round he won he had to EARN. So really saying it was 9-3 doesn't do Cotto justice. He made Floyd think about retirement "For the Second time" lol
          Fix it for you! Remember the times Cotto lived too far? lol hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            I don't think I gave Cotto more than 3 rounds. But it was the toughest fight Floyd has had in some time. Every round he won he had to EARN. So really saying it was 9-3 doesn't do Cotto justice. He made Floyd think about retirement lol
            Well put. I think at best one can make an argument that Cotto won four rounds, which doesn't sound like a close fight but most all the rounds were very competitive. He made Floyd bleed his own blood. This fight is the last time an opponent has got to wear a punchers glove lol.

Last edited by ИATAS; 09-11-2014, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DONDIisBack View Post
              I don't know how some say this fight is not worth a rematch but Maidana rematch is okay.

I had the score a tie after 8 ROUNDS! A tie! With Mayweather after 8!?
              Thanks for telling me this, now I know for a fact you DKSAB, and this time I will remember to not waste time reading your trash further. Cotto got near swept and we don't need to see that snoozer again.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                Thanks for telling me this, now I know for a fact you DKSAB, and this time I will remember to not waste time reading your trash further. Cotto got near swept and we don't need to see that snoozer again.
                ...angry much?...and with no point made

Comment

That was 8 round to 4 mayweather. Its one those close fight clear winner fight, cotto wasnt totally outclass and outbox, he was always in the round like maidana did. Floyd-maidana is closer imo since the fighter who lose did more damage than the winner where in Floyd-cotto its just about the same to both. If i have to chose between a rematch between cotto and canelo, then ofcourse cotto. But if there are others like khan and pacquiao then Id go with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Well put. I think at best one can make an argument that Cotto won four rounds, which doesn't sound like a close fight but most all the rounds were very competitive. He made Floyd bleed his own blood. This fight is the last time an opponent has got to wear a punchers glove lol.

Agreed with both of you, very well stated. I'm ok with giving Cotto anywhere from 2-4 rounds but the score is not indicative of the competitiveness. Just about every round was competitive.

Comment

Meh.

Mayweather had problems, sure, but I thought he won a good 9 rounds. 8 if generous to Cotto.

Maidana won at least 4, and if we go extreme 6. He clearly gave Mayweather a harder fight, and the hardest he's had since Castillo.
                      Last edited by bojangles1987; 09-12-2014, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X