No announcement yet.

Al Haymon blew it!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
    Al Haymon did not blow anything. He is supposed to get his fighters the most money for each fight. Boxing is prize fighting. The prize is money. Any fighter that says differently is lying. All these fighters that are aligning themselves with Haymon are aware he will get the most money for them. It is easy to see that other promoters do not like him, but I do not hear the fighters complaining. HBO has a budget for Boxing and chose not to match a offer from Showtime. Therefore, AD fights on Showtime for the next 2 fights. Both fights should be this year, then we will see what is next.
    I'm with you, Haymon is really good at this advising thing. I just wanna know, what's his leverage to get the network to overpay? When he was at HBO the story was he was leveraging his concert promotion. Now he's got Showtime bidding against themselves, so why do they pay the markup?

Comment

man, stevenson really has a big mouth, but haymon made it bigger

Comment

I honestly thought the thread title was in reference to Haymon's tranny fetish.

Comment

Originally posted by slickrickman View Post
          i honestly thought the thread title was in reference to haymon's tranny fetish.
          :aor::aor::aor::aor:

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...5865--box.html

Stephen Espinoza, the executive vice president and general manager of Showtime Sports, is gloating after having scuttled the carefully laid out plans of his archrival. Stevenson-Kovalev was to be a major point of HBO's rebuild after losing Floyd Mayweather to Showtime in 2013.
            Instead of paying big money for good fights SHO seems more interested in spending big money to prevent HBO from putting on good fights. Being a boxing fan is difficult.
            Last edited by Gods We Faked; 03-30-2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              Adonis allowed him to do it.

Adonis' manager told Adonis that the Kovalev deal was the BEST he would get. Adonis STILL wouldn't accept the deal.

Adonis then goes and gets Haymon who asks for a 40% increase than what HBO originally offered, but still wouldn't guarantee that they would fight Kovalev even if HBO accepted. But Haymon said he would only negotiate a Fonfara fight for less money.... WTF?!?!

Again, Adonis allowed him to do all of this despite what his long time manager was telling him. Even Stevenson's manager said the Kovalev deal was THE BEST AVAILABLE DEAL

This is crazy to me
              Some of the things Yahoo posted was rumors though, you can`t pass rumors off as fact.And theirs 2 sides to every story,none of us where their so we don`t know who is telling the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kulilin View Post
                Instead of paying big money for good fights SHO seems more interested in spending big money to prevent HBO from putting on good fights. Being a boxing fan is difficult.
                Disgraceful from GB. Pathetic. We already don't get enough food fights, we all wanted to see this fight. It can be punishing being a boxing fan man.

Comment

Bah'xin iz a bizzniz is all bout' makin' da money das why dey calls it prizefitin dummy.

Comment

So you're a ducker if you go somewhere that's going to pay you more money? lol.

Let another company offer to pay me 40% more than I make now. I'd be jumping ship real quick.

Comment

Working...
                    X