Collapse
No announcement yet.

I notice Manny Pacquiao always gets his butt kicked in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac is good at sparring when he's trying. Watch him against Izzy or anyone else when he wants to cubbin. He just clowns around sometimes when other guys are fighting like its the super bowl. They all want to say they beat him. He didn't try but in spurts against Benavidez
    Last edited by DLT; 08-04-2014, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      Pac is good at sparring when he's trying. Watch him against Iggy or anyone else when he wants to cubbin. He just clowns around sometimes when other guys are fighting like its the super bowl. They all want to say they beat him. He didn't try but in spurts against Benavides
      yea, when he wants to get you he almost always does from what i've seen

Comment

Pac is good at sparring when he's trying. Watch him against Iggy or anyone else when he wants to cubbin. He just clowns around sometimes when other guys are fighting like its the super bowl. They all want to say they beat him. He didn't try but in spurts against Benavidez
        The izzy sparring was some of the best competitive sparring I ever seen, but that was at 122-126

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          The izzy sparring was some of the best competitive sparring I ever seen, but that was at 122-126
          That's when he was still tryin to be the alpha and had something to prove. Later he was along with Floyd and had nothing to prove. He would laugh at the young Pac if they sparred. Young Pac would be relentless, hungry, and serious. Old Pac has been there, done that, and knows he's the **** already

Comment

That's when he was still tryin to be the alpha and had something to prove. Later he was along with Floyd and had nothing to prove. He would laugh at the young Pac if they sparred. Young Pac would be relentless, hungry, and serious. Old Pac has been there, done that, and knows he's the **** already
            Man it was like Dust bunnies they were mixing it up with flurries, Pac went through a rotation of 5 sparring partners or something that day and he wasn't even gassed. That was the energizer Bunny Pac.

this new Pac reminds me of James Toney, just lazy and trying to pot shot in sparring while guys T off on him.

Comment

You will gain nothing from sparring if you are beating your opponent up for 3 minutes every round. The whole point is to allow the sparring partner to target the areas you might need to work on and it allows you to see where the holes are and make adjustments to how your future opponent will target you. It's a training camp and a lesson, not a fight. There would be no point in fighters going in and blasting their sparring partners out in 1 round unless you were working strictly on your offense but you can't just prepare for that.

This is why you should never read too much into a video of sparring. You don't know what is going on unless you're there and part of the camp.
              Last edited by LeonardEllerb3; 08-05-2014, 04:02 AM.

Comment

If there is anything bad to notice about Manny you will be the first to notice it and predict he will lose. Please quit calling yourself a Pacquiao fan because you seem to want him to suffer a humiliating loss. Rios didn't knock him out with a jab or an uppercut. He beat high ranked pfp Bradley and Algieri will most likely get knocked out in a few rounds and I say that as a real Pacquiao fan.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  If there is anything bad to notice about Manny you will be the first to notice it and predict he will lose. Please quit calling yourself a Pacquiao fan because you seem to want him to suffer a humiliating loss. Rios didn't knock him out with a jab or an uppercut. He beat high ranked pfp Bradley and Algieri will most likely get knocked out in a few rounds and I say that as a real Pacquiao fan.
                  difference between a fan and a fanboy, you are just a fanboy with that comment. come back down to reality dude.

Comment

Hectari you understand the purpose of sparring right?

Comment

he tries to get his body ready to absorb the punishment. You remember the stick exercise?
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW_qvV7uKn4

Comment

Working...
                      X