Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Byrd: "I'm 43 but I'd come out retirement to beat Seth Mitchell" (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Byrd: "I'm 43 but I'd come out retirement to beat Seth Mitchell" (VIDEO)

Chris Byrd retired back in 2009, a former heavyweight champion who beat many named opponents through his career: Evander Holyfield, Vitali Klitschko, David Tua. Amazingly, at the dawn of his career, Byrd entered the Olympic trials as a 140 lb light welterweight back in 1988!

Watching the recent Mitchell vs Banks rematch seems to have sparked something off in Byrd - although said with smile in the video, it seems he is genuine when he says that if he came back he could beat Mitchell.

Will the boxing legend Chris Byrd return to the ring again and would you like to see it happen?

Yes unretire - and Byrd would beat Mitchell
    40.00%
    Yes unretire -- BUT Mitchell beats Byrd
    25.00%
    No he shouldn't come out of retirement
    35.00%
    Not sure
    0.00%

He would beat him too.

Comment

haha why not. im down for this fight

Comment

I don't blame Chris lol Mitchell is fukin AWFUL!

Comment

Chris still looks young. I watch his youtube videos, he looks like he's in better shape than Mitchell already lmao

Comment

Please don't give Golden Boy any ideas. And old name with no power, perfect opponent for the worst-chinned heavyweight since Tommy Morrison.

Comment

Byrd wasn't looking to sharp in his last couple of fights and 5 years off has certainly added to the ring rust. If this were 6 years ago id pick him in a headgear. But today, with all that time off, I can't help but believe Mitchell beats him. Chris would stumpy probably be able to make him look bad in spots though.

Comment

I'm still waiting for Byrd vs Touch of sleep 2!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Byrd wasn't looking to sharp in his last couple of fights and 5 years off has certainly added to the ring rust. If this were 6 years ago id pick him in a headgear. But today, with all that time off, I can't help but believe Mitchell beats him. Chris would stumpy probably be able to make him look bad in spots though.
                  It might be too much for Byrd to come back and jump straight into a fight with Mitchell - but then Mitchell isn't an A-level fighter. Tough one to call. Maybe after such a long hiatus Byrd should take an easy tune up before jumping in there with Mitchell - but the way Byrd is talking about Mitchell, it seems he views him as a sort of tune up level opponent.

Comment

Right on Chris...would like to watch this.

Comment

Working...
                    X