Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premature Price stoppage!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched it, the stoppage looked ok to me. At least the UK referee didn't wave it off as soon as Price went down like they often do.

Comment

Price can't take a punch

and he was lucky the fight was stopped because the next punch TT wud have landed wud have had Price out cold

Comment

After the death recently of that asian boxer i said i will never question a referee stoppage again.
        But after this stoppage, i cant help feeling it was premature. Only it seems that in a way the rules of boxing are changing, and its almost as if as soon as you take a good shot and clearly it visibibly effects you in some way then you can be stopped.
        It was early in the fight so Price had a good chance to recover he wasnt exhausted or anything. We dont learn if Price has recuperative abilities now, or how is a boxer to learn what to do when hurt like hold and stuff.?

But Prices chin must be real bad, because over the course of a fight any heavyweight will be taking those shots at some point in the fight. There is nothing price will be able to do in the future about taking punches he didnt see, it happens. And even in slow motion it seemed like a phantom punch.
        Last edited by hugh grant; 02-24-2013, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Nah that was a GREAT stoppage. No need to take unnecessary risk just because Price is at home, he Was on shaky legs and both his hands were by his side and am sure the ref saw his eyes and knew he wasn't there.

Comment

I think it was a lose-lose situation for the referee. If he allowed the fight to go on and Price got nailed with another shot, there would have been a lot of people saying he should have stopped it.

It was a borderline case. It would have been acceptable for him to allow him to go on, but it was also an acceptable stoppage.

Comment

The ref was asking price to come towards him after the count of 8 but price was still wobbling so the ref stopped the fight. I think the ref did the right thing.

Comment

Even Amir Khan would have laughed at Price's punch resistance last night.

Comment

Working...
                X