No announcement yet.

Biogenesis founder testified Victor Conte had A-Rod under a doping regimen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
    not only consultant but he was and still is VADA's biggest supporter and cheerleader. i think when people hear conte talk positively about VADA they mistake that for him being a big part of it.

this is a good article for people who want to know the truth about VADA and its founding, etc.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-...ticle-1.999301

VADA is still the #1 drug testing organization in boxing and they prove this time and time again.

http://www.boxingscene.com/conte-aim...am-vada--40647

Conte revealed to me today in an interview, that he is part of an anti-doping task force he calls VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency) that will soon be launched to provide athletes the most comprehensive drug testing.
    “I'm going to tell you something that we've never disclosed to anybody before. And we've been working on this and I'll tell you some of the names, because this has been written about in some boxing magazines. Dr. Margaret Goodman (former ringside physician and Medical Advisory Board Chairman for the Nevada State Athletic Commission), Dr. Flip Hamonsky (Former Nevada commissioner), I'm involved, and there's another very high profile anti-doping world renowned expert involved. We'll reveal who this is shortly, but he is one of the most credible people in the world of anti-doping,” Conte told me.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      Conte and probably a few dozen others out there know how to beat them. The cycle on and off game has been going on for ages.

All the top boxers have dappled in it. I am at peace with that now. You name a top fighter, and dig deep enough, you will see some associations with these "suppliers" and or "nutritionists" etc. What bothers me is that you have someone like Conte playing the part of an Anti-Doping crusader and secret under the table possible doper at the same time. LOL

Vada, Wada, USADA etc....they all have to be questioned. Do they treat everyone the same? Or do they have secret deals to create an illusion? Secret contracts to toss or disregard samples? Why should any of them be trusted, when they're in business to make money, but more money is to be gained to look the other way?
      Good points...

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        He got caught right after he left conte.
        Conte was working with Berto whenn he got caught:

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/boxing/st...82&src=desktop

Berto has had Victor Conte, founder of the notorious Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, in his training camp for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          EPO has nothing to do with power. EPO is about endurance and stamina. If Maidana is on EPO he should ask for a refund.
          I would have to agree with this statement!

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Conte was working with Berto whenn he got caught:

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/boxing/st...82&src=desktop
            I think Rafael just assumed that based on that they used to work together without asking anyone. Berto had this training camp in Florida without Conte (who lives in California). I don't know they were really working by telephone or something, but Conte claimed they stopped working together months before.

EDIT: Maybe a small role? Kind of unclear.
            http://www.boxingscene.com/defining-...to-camp--53060
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 08-28-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Im not defending Conte but it seems like Bosch is trying to take the heat off himself. I dont see anywhere in the article where Bosch says he knows what Victor Conte was giving A Rod.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                What does this have to do with VADA?
                Conte was associated with them from the very start. He would even speak about VADA with words like "we" and "us" before the organization officially existed.

They have since distanced themselves from each other but that doesn't change how things began.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Conte was associated with them from the very start. He would even speak about VADA with words like "we" and "us" before the organization officially existed.

They have since distanced themselves from each other but that doesn't change how things began.
                  Conte is an egomaniac that that likes to be in the center of attention. That fact that he broke the news before Goodman, you know the actual founder, proves that. All of this "Conte owns VADA" stuff is based on a single vague interview of Conte getting overly excited. Goodman made it clear who's who in the organization pretty early on. It wasn't some backtracking distancing.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    I think Rafael just assumed that based on that they used to work together without asking anyone. Berto had this training camp in Florida without Conte (who lives in California). I don't know they were really working by telephone or something, but Conte claimed they stopped working together months before.

EDIT: Maybe a small role? Kind of unclear.
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/defining-...to-camp--53060
                    Sounds like he was still working with Berto:

"Andre Berto's positive test for (norandrosterone) has absolutely nothing to do with me or any supplements I provided. Likely trace contamination," Conte tweeted. "Andre has admitted to taking supplements other than what I provided without my knowledge. Apparently, something was contaminated."

Comment

Radioraheem, the one who thinks he knows it all about doping, is getting owned in this thread as usual.

Getting destroyed with FACTS.

Comment

Working...
                      X