No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post

Floyd Mayweather would spank Ray Robinson.

I can actually see this if we made them the same size naturally.

Ray's too big though in my opinion, he would walk right through Floyd's shots and hit whatever on Floyd was available until it broke.
    Last edited by res; 01-28-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      I had an unpopular take on that fight too tbh. I had it a draw.
      You're joking?

Crazy.

That's what unpopular opinions are for I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        You're joking?

Crazy.

That's what unpopular opinions are for I suppose.
        Not at all man lol, i think there were a few swing rounds in there. Floyd obviously closed strong clearly winning the rounds he won. I cant be arsed getting into it but if ur really interested it was the first video i ever made on my YT page...

Comment

• I don't think Liston is a top 10 heavy and gets over rated. I don't like bad mouthing boxers but he seems to get little stick for quitting on his stool in a world title fight and not many people question his mental toughness.

I like the guy but I always think he is looked at favourably in that respect.

Comment

• I hate Ray Leonards commentary, think he's quite ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
              I don't think Liston is a top 10 heavy and gets over rated. I don't like bad mouthing boxers but he seems to get little stick for quitting on his stool in a world title fight and not many people question his mental toughness.

I like the guy but I always think he is looked at favourably in that respect.
              I think its because it was all so mysterious and controversial plus the fact that he fought on with a broken jaw before against Marty Marshall

Comment

I think its because it was all so mysterious and controversial plus the fact that he fought on with a broken jaw before against Marty Marshall
                Yeah I think they plays a big part in it all. But with only 1 defence of his title and a not to great resume he gets spoken of very highly. Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on him, I just think he still has that cloud of mystery over him (which is pretty impressive) and many of his flaws are overlooked.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
                  Yeah I think they plays a big part in it all. But with only 1 defence of his title and a not to great resume he gets spoken of very highly. Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on him, I just think he still has that cloud of mystery over him (which is pretty impressive) and many of his flaws are overlooked.
                  The thing about him only having the one defence is that he was kept from the title for a long time and it is generally excepted that he would have been champion years before he was, giving him more defences. But i get u buddy

Comment

The thing about him only having the one defence is that he was kept from the title for a long time and it is generally excepted that he would have been champion years before he was, giving him more defences. But i get u buddy
                    Yeah totally agree there. I think that's another reason people like at him more favourably! I guess this is what the threads all about..

Comment

• Some of todays' "World Champions" wouldn't have made "The Ring's " monthly top 10 ratings in the days of 1 champion.(or even 2 champions!)

Comment

Working...
                      X