No announcement yet.

If Alvarez beats Austin Trout.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Now that it seems Alvarez vs Trout is official for May 4th, I have a question.

IF, and it's a big IF, Alvarez beats Trout on May 4th, where does that place Mayweather-Alvarez on the hype/mega fight/legitimate fight scale???

I'd say if Alvarez pulls off beating Trout, it becomes the super fight in boxing or at the very least a very very big fight.
    Here is the BEST comparison I can make out there, off the top of my head.

Would you say that if Ortiz beats Berto that Floyd vs Ortiz is on the mega fight scale? All it meant was that Ortiz was moving in the right direction and we needed to see more of Ortiz to make that kind of conclusion.

but too many people like to jump the gun with that one fight.

So, all it means is that Canelo is moving in the right direction as it's just one fight!!!
    Last edited by ADP02; 02-15-2013, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Wouldn't be a super fight. Super fights are like Pacquaio-Mayweather, Ali-Frazier, Oscar-Mayweather, Tyson-Holyfield in 91 had it happened.

Canelo's not popular enough in the mainstream but if he beat Trout in impressive fashion a fight with him and Mayweather would be a very big fight.
      I agree. A very legit and big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        Here is the BEST comparison I can make out there, off the top of my head.

Would you say that if Ortiz beats Berto that Floyd vs Ortiz is on the mega fight scale? All it meant was that Ortiz was moving in the right direction and we needed to see more of Ortiz to make that kind of conclusion.

So, all it means is that Canelo is moving in the right direction as it's just one fight!!!
        Beating Trout > Beating Berto.........

Not to say Ortiz and Guerrero beating Berto was bad, but Trout is just a better fighter than Berto, in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Beating Trout > Beating Berto.........

Not to say Ortiz and Guerrero beating Berto was bad, but Trout is just a better fighter than Berto, in every way.
          Let's face it, before Cotto, most people hardly knew or even seen Trout fight. Now with one fight against the smaller Cotto and everyone is praising him to be a great fighter. All I'm saying is let's give it some time and have him fight against the next level of opponents so people can judge better. Same with Canelo.

At this point in time, I see potential with both but only time will tell.

Comment

Yes it would be a super fight. People are underestimating Canelo's fanbase. You haven't even heard them yet, wait till if he beats Trout, especially by KO or wide clear decision, you will hear them. It's the fans reactions to a win that makes a super fight between potential opponents. You're saying beforehand that it won't be a super fight, but you know nothing until it actually happens and you get that feeling of wanting to see a match up badly.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Wouldn't be a super fight. Super fights are like Pacquaio-Mayweather, Ali-Frazier, Oscar-Mayweather, Tyson-Holyfield in 91 had it happened.

Canelo's not popular enough in the mainstream but if he beat Trout in impressive fashion a fight with him and Mayweather would be a very big fight.
              It may approach Devon-Bradley superfight status

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                "It's a modern day Hagler-Hearns" Tim Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  See people got hyped at THAT match up, and Mayweather/Canelo's popularity are light years beyond those two. Boxing fans are very sensitive they change tunes way too much to take them serious when they say something.

Comment

This will be Canelo's first real test.

Trout is solid.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      See people got hyped at THAT match up, and Mayweather/Canelo's popularity are light years beyond those two. Boxing fans are very sensitive they change tunes way too much to take them serious when they say something.
                      No they didnt, the promoters hyped it up like crazy but it turned out to be a complete flop in every possible way

Comment

Working...
                      X