Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: After Mayweather is Done, I'll Take Over Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner: After Mayweather is Done, I'll Take Over Boxing

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - If nothing at all else, Adrien Broner knows how to answer adversity.

The 23-year-old from Cincinnati struggled mightily in a made-for-TV showcase against former 130-pound champ Daniel Ponce De Leon in March 2011, escaping with a unanimous decision from a fight that many – including long-time HBO judge Harold Lederman – claimed he’d lost.

Since then, he’s not left nearly as much room for viewer dissent.

In fact, none of five subsequent outings has come close to reaching a final bell, instead ending in a combined 21 rounds as the fighter labeled “The Problem” has vaulted from regional title-holder to consensus No. 1 quantity at both 130 and 135 pounds.

He’ll go for a sixth straight stoppage – and a 26th consecutive victory – when he meets Wales-based veteran Gavin Rees in the main event of another seashore premium cable broadcast from Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

And, in keeping with the brash persona he’s already begun to master, the two-division phenom spends little time enhancing the threat posed by his imminent foe.

“Who is that? Who are you talking about?” he said, when asked for any pre-fight knowledge of Rees, who’s lost once in 39 fights since turning pro in 1998. “I don’t know him.” [Click Here To Read More]

boxing will become the ghetto-est sport ever if that happens

Comment

Originally posted by Hiei View Post
      Agreed......

Comment

mayweather needs to fight broner, but the last i saw he was trying to make friends with him. convenient way to duck that logical fight

Comment

I no longer hear him calling out the Ghost.

Comment

The Ghetto-est sport??? Lol, I never knew sports had such status' ascribed to them, especially by someone with a manga looking avatar. Boxing back in the golden era represented every single ethnicity at every single curve of life. Even Jewish or italian fighters who hailed from such so called ghettos, end of.

Comment

Originally posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
              mayweather needs to fight broner, but the last i saw he was trying to make friends with him. convenient way to duck that logical fight
              Yea, your ******ed...

Comment

Originally posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
                Kill yourself!

Comment

How would that be a "logical fight" if Broner fights at 135 and Floyd fights at 147 and 154??? You're like a lot of so called boxing fans.. You let your dislike of certain fighters overshadow plain common sense!! You sound really stupid in that comment!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hiei View Post
                    Its already ghetto. Pac is from the ghetto. Floyd is from the ghetto. Bhop is from the ghetto. Stop saying stupid ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X