Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest Mexcian fighter ever Marquez or Chavez ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Finito...done

Comment

• Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
      That's right Marquez or Chavez Snr ?

explain reasons for your answer
      I have to go with Marquez.

Before hiring that known steroid cheat memo, I'd say Chavez Snr.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tase View Post
        salvador sanchez is better than both of them.

^^^this guy knows his boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
          Exactly. Watching JMM fight is like taking a boxing class at the very highest level. Pure art. In his fight vs. Mayweather Jr., where BTW he was at least two weight divisions smaller and in his worst physical shape of his fighting career (but he needed the money so he went through it), he actually connected lots of beautiful combinations that those sold-out judges never ever counted in as connected punches. Floyd didn't connect even a single combination vs. poor little lightweight out of shape Marquez. Floyd was pathetic in that fight. I think the cards should have been much closer than they were. And I also think that Mayweather should have knocked Marquez out, with such a huge size difference not to mention the shape, Floyd was almost 100% lean muscle while Marquez, as I said, was in the poorest shape of his boxing life, looking very soft with almost no muscles to show. And yet, he connected combinations on both Floyd's body and face throughout the whole fight. Even if they were pillow-fisted, the sold-out judges should have counted them as connected punches.

Bottom line to me and many, many other people, when it comes to SKILL, Marquez and Salvador Sanchez are #1. It is ridiculous to say that Morales or Barrera were better than Marquez, when both guys got utterly humiliated by Pacquiao, by KO, whereas Marquez had three very controversial fights with Pac where he could have been decreed the winner or could have been at least draws, and the only one that didn't go to a controversial decision was the one where he KO'd Manny unconscious, a feat that nobody else has even fathomed to do.

Chavez has a huge resume and was best P4P fighter three times I think even over the likes of Mike Tyson, which makes him, BY RESUME, the best Mexican fighter of all time but skill wise, he pales in front of both Marquez and Sanchez, who were COMPLETE fighters, they could attack as well as they could defend, they threw beautiful combinations to the body and face, while JCC was just a pressure fighter with killer punches to the body, super-skilled at it but not as complete as the other two.

Morales beat pacquiao on his prime something marquez failed to do so its really a toss up. Marquez has more refined technical skills but morales had greater achievements.

Comment

• At Dios Mio!

Chavez has more KO wins than Marquez has wins. Marquez is a great fighter, who had manny's number, beat the crap out of
            Michael Katsidis, stopped Casamayor, beat the pride out of Diaz.

But a prime Chavez would have parted Marquez' cheeks. Would have walked right through him.

Comment

Working...
            X