Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did those who were so quick to write Rios off enjoy the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did those who were so quick to write Rios off enjoy the fight?

(Borat voice) You like? Very nice.

Always love to see a fighter written off by the very fickle bunch we have on here come back to ram their words back down their throats.

I'm impressed with his chin and will power. Alvarado was landing some bombs and even though Rios smiled, you can tell they were starting to bother him. He was also getting tired. Even though the stoppage was a bit fast/weird, you can't blame him for that and you have to give him credit.

However, I didn't write off Rios for this fight because I never saw Alvarado fight before.

Comment

lol.. ur not getting any replies from those who said he was an overhyped bum... i thought alvarado had it in the bag... i didnt think rios could take a legit 140 lber punch. but he did... and he proved himself. he has my respect. id love to see him in against broner.

Comment

<__<.... To be fair... Alvarado was not gunna win that fight even on the cards.

Good on Rios though. Alvarado had the more eye popping moments but Rios was quietly doing his work.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          I'm impressed with his chin and will power. Alvarado was landing some bombs and even though Rios smiled, you can tell they were starting to bother him. He was also getting tired. Even though the stoppage was a bit fast/weird, you can't blame him for that and you have to give him credit.

However, I didn't write off Rios for this fight because I never saw Alvarado fight before.
          I meant in general after the Abril fight. Most of this forum was calling him a bum, hypejob, overrated etc etc.

Whilst i too thought Abril beat him, every fighter can have an off day or a loss here and there. This is Boxing. Someones gotta lose. Just because someone loses doesn't mean everyone has to start calling them hypejobs and bum's ect however with Boxing's notoriously fickle fans i guess it's to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
            lol.. ur not getting any replies from those who said he was an overhyped bum... i thought alvarado had it in the bag... i didnt think rios could take a legit 140 lber punch. but he did... and he proved himself. he has my respect. id love to see him in against broner.
            Eeeerily quiet in this thread for some reason.....

There was so many so quick to call write him off after Abril...wonder where they all are now

Comment

rios is exactly what everyone thought he was a guy who takes a lot of punishment to give some. he will still stuggle with boxers and he will have a hard time against elite fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                <__<.... To be fair... Alvarado was not gunna win that fight even on the cards.

Good on Rios though. Alvarado had the more eye popping moments but Rios was quietly doing his work.
                yea good post, i saw Rios doing his work n i felt he would stop him, i was arguing out here with my dad n bro about it during the fight, it did scared me a bit during those mid rounds 4th n 5th, but i remember that Acosta fight he did the same at that fight seems like his same gameplan, i knew he would come back stronger, I was talking so much crap at home to my fam i was so happy when Rios proved me right lol!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  rios is exactly what everyone thought he was a guy who takes a lot of punishment to give some. he will still stuggle with boxers and he will have a hard time against elite fighters.
                  And im not calling him the heir to Mayweather's throne.

All im saying is the fickle tw@ts on here deserve to get laughed at whenever a fighter they write off and hate after a bad fight here and there does something to ram their words back down their throats.

Rios got a huge amount of hate after the Abril fight from the huge amount of haters on this forum. Now it's Rios's time to laugh in everyone's face who hated on him.

No one's saying he's the next P4P number 1....all im saying is we shouldn't be so quick to write a fighter off if he has a bad fight now and then.

Comment

I was actually rooting for Alvarado on this one, to me it seemed that he was going to be too big and strong for Rios. Don't think I ever wrote off Rios after the Abril fight. I already knew he was having a hard time making the weight and Abril's style was going to make it hard for Rios. Regardless, Rios brought it and took down Alavarado. I thought it was a legit stoppage. Bigger and better things for Rios. Alavardo still has the potential to be a champ, he just lost against a better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X