No announcement yet.

wheres butterbean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gogan
    what ever happened to butterbean? i havn't seen anything of him. is it fair to say he was no part of respectable boxing?
    No, he wasn't.

Comment

Butterbean is to boxing as William Hung is to the music industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
        Butterbean is to boxing as William Hung is to the music industry.
        an amazing asset?
        u know i bought them william hung CDs
        ****s bang

Comment

LOL! So are you saying that Butterbean's boxing skill is like William Hung's singing and dancing talent?

Comment

Butterbean was a promotional phenom. He went 45-1 at one point. Yes...it WAS NOT "top levels" that is very true but....also he does own a KO-1 vs (was it Louis Monaco?). Boxer makes low top-10 for-a-minute!
            Of course, he also takes that win Vs Peter McNeeley maybe PM could of been "better prepared"(?)//and he lost 10r decision to the "elder" Larry Holmes. Butter bean was kind of a "odd show"/but.......he did good for his limits. WHY SO "many" bash boxers when they are not "elite"? Not every CAT going as far as a JIMMY ELLIS OR A ERNIE SHAVERS! Come- On!
            Last edited by GodOfBoxing; 05-05-2016, 12:34 AM.

Comment

He was the king of 4 round fights. was still a limited fighter though and for a fighter of his size he did pretty good I think.

If not mistaken he also did some unsanctioned fights in the UK in 2015.

Don't know if he is still active.

Comment

Probably not. Probably hangs out at buffets these days. Also, dabbled in kickboxing and MMA for a while. The KO win over Bart Gunn at Wrestlemania one year was memorable though. Don't know why McMahon would want his stars fighting for real though.

Comment

2013 Butterbeans last fight. I thought I put a better compressive report for BB here. 77-10-4(?) 2(?) record at close. "Stopped" but twice.

Comment

He must be 50 years old and 500 lbs by now.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfBoxing View Post
                      2013 Butterbeans last fight. I thought I put a better compressive report for BB here. 77-10-4(?) 2(?) record at close. "Stopped" but twice.
                      The one stoppage loss early in his career was an early stoppage in a fight with Mitch rose ,he wasn't hurt and actually winning. Had it went on he would have remained undefeated ,after the loss he went on a 20 something win record,but the loss made him better I think. He was making to much money to jump into real boxing bouts with 10/12 rounds. A few top guys didn't want to fight him in the 4 rounders. And really Tyson in 1995 and Butterbean in a 4 rounder would have been much better than McNeeleys one round collapse, since we all know it would not have gone out of round 2 if it made it to that round.

Comment

Working...
                      X