No announcement yet.

cotto is finished

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lords View Post
    This right here. Cotto didn't have the desire for boxing anymore. Freddy has lit a fire under him and now he's got that hunger again like he did way back when.
    I like Cotto..but lets keep it 100..at 154 and 160 the only non vacant title's he won were against handicap foes..he is a hall of famer and a very good fighter, but he loses to anyone at 160 and any top 5 154 fighter..Roach just wants credit for opportunity...

Comment

Cotto is young enough to still obtain a new lease on his career (he already has) and seems rejuvenated. I'd make him a slight underdog against Alvarez but he's a very live one and that tells you just how "finished" he is.

Comment

There has never been a good fighter in the history of boxing. NSB are like the mythbusters up in this *****.

Comment

Still confused why so many people dislike him as a fighter. He's fought everyone possible.

Floyd
          PAC
          Judah
          Mosley
          Margarito
          Bailey
          Martinez

On and on, I just dont see why he gets so much disrespect when he is the only fighter who has fought all of his top challengers, for years.

Comment

He still has plenty in the tank and would probably beat everyone at 154-160 outside of Floyd, GGG, Lara and maybe Canelo.
            He doesn't even belong at the weight, that is a testament to what a decent fighter he still is despite the two weights not being exactly loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Cotto can still scrap, he looked better since he got with a real strength and conditioning coach and nutritionist, and with Freddie Roach
              This.

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              I like Cotto..but lets keep it 100..at 154 and 160 the only non vacant title's he won were against handicap foes..he is a hall of famer and a very good fighter, but he loses to anyone at 160 and any top 5 154 fighter..Roach just wants credit for opportunity...
              Loses to any top 5 JMW? Seems like bitterness Larry. Cotto had the balls to fight Martinez and someone else didn't?

I'm fairly neutral on Cotto, but he looks in shape now unlike when he first moved up in weight, strong and muscular. He's fighting to his old strengths now too, looks sharper and more powerful.

I'm just saying what I see.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 11-12-2014, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                so you realize that cotto is only good because of cherry picking yet when floyd does the same thing...you love him. i don't get it.

Comment

cotto got beat by austin trout, lol, a nobody, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                    cotto got beat by austin trout, lol, a nobody, lol
                    austin trout's real tough with his knees but let's see how he handles cotto without any knees. he's in trouble then.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      austin trout's real tough with his knees but let's see how he handles cotto without any knees. he's in trouble then.
                      cotto is relevent in boxing when it comes to fighting, cripple gimps, lol, thats the way he wins titles and stays relevant, lol , he beat cripples like martinez and foreman for titles, lol, if trout wins a title and manages to cripple himself, hbo will set up cotto vs trout: the rematch so they can market cotto to the puerto ricans as a superstar and a so - called king - lol, - king cotto if you will, lol, what a crock of ****, lol"peeleft:

Comment

Working...
                      X