No announcement yet.

Golden boy needs to put Canelo back on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden boy needs to put Canelo back on HBO

I just feel that Golden boy will make their reemergence onto HBO in a big way. HBO would be like a fresh start for Canelo after such a disappointing performance against floyd, and hbo in return would get to showcase the kind of fighter they've been lacking seeing as how other than GGG all their showcase fighters are either older, don't have marketability, or don't have a huge following. Lets not forget that the gb and hbo feud is more so against al haymon fighters so it wouldn't be a problem. Possibly a canelo vs cotto ppv next year would be huge since cotto isnt exclusive to top rank anymore. He'll fight rodriguez under top rank but after that he a free agent.

I don't really see why they would need to do that. I hate these promoter and network wars that keep good fights from happening but they seem to be a part of boxing today. Canelo did not win but I think he fought well and will still be very popular. Golden Boy can match him with Molina to try to get him a belt or they can match him with Cotto for a big money fight. They could also match him with Angulo or Lara. All of these fights could be done on Showtime..

Comment

why not. but hbo has the most exciting fighters already other than santa cruz....golovkin, rios, and provodnikov. if only the networks could trade avocado and bradley for canelo and santa cruz

Comment

We don't even know if these networks are making money. Howcome they just let Mayweather go along with Haymon and GBP with no regrets?

Comment

Working...
        X