No announcement yet.

Props to hollywood makeup artists "Prometheus"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Props to hollywood makeup artists "Prometheus"

Incredible how good these makeup artists are at their craft.

From this:

To this after 10hours:

Damn good work!!!!

i hope this art-form never really goes away... man, the PC is really changing things...

from pencil drawn animation to CG in major hollywood offerings...

from actual settings to virtual setting like 300 and sin city...

and with the emergence of gollum and ceasar, i thought "make up" was on it's way out too...

Comment

im so glad i live in this era. they can basically do anything they want on film nowadays.

now if hollywood can just make a freaking starcraft movie using the same techniques used in avatar i can die a happy man.

Comment

With as shit as that movie was, I'm entirely not surprised they're also redditors...

Comment

Half the stuff make up artists can do, they can do in the studio on computers these days. I read somewhere that when they made Laura Croft Tomb Raider, they added inches to her breast size later with computers.

Comment

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
            Half the stuff make up artists can do, they can do in the studio on computers these days. I read somewhere that when they made Laura Croft Tomb Raider, they added inches to her breast size later with computers.
            Yeah, they've learned to do wonders with that green background.

In the movie "Troy" all the stabbing and cutting was done by computers. Brad Pitt's sword actually didn't have a blade at all, just a handle in most scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushido Brown View Post
              im so glad i live in this era. they can basically do anything they want on film nowadays.

now if hollywood can just make a freaking starcraft movie using the same techniques used in avatar i can die a happy man.
              cosign. battlecruiser operational!

Comment

ridly scott always makes bad ass looking monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushido Brown View Post

They already did, it's called Starship Troopers.

They also did Warcraft....it's called Lord of the Rings.

Comment

am i the only one who thought that it looked awful? the torso in particular, as well as its movement being really stilted and unnatural? pretty shit film, too. was disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                    X