No announcement yet.

interesting match up bradley vs cotto @140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    At 140lb Cotto would have been owned by Bradley...Bradley to good boxing ability and Cotto unable to take punches would have lead to Cotto's demise imo...Remember,Cotto beat nobody of note at 140lb and always showed to have a very weak chin at 140lb..

Oh and before I get the Bradley has no power comment..Go look at how many fighters were on the canvas that Bradley put there at 140lb...
    Beat nobody of note? He beat a still decent Corley, Malignaggi (multiple world champion after Cotto), Torres (world Champ after Cotto), Ndou (world champ after Cotto), Bailey (world champ after Cotto). Maussa won a title even if it was a fluke. That is very solid competition in his first weight class. Not spectacular but very solid. Not to mention he nearly stopped every one of them.

To say Bradley would have owned him is ridiculous, did Cotto take something out of himself at 140? yes, but he was still even then one of the best. At 140 it is a toss up, at any weight above that Cotto all the way. His technique is superior to Bradley. I was surprised at just how crude Bradley was in the Pacquiao fight, I expected him to be much smoother than that, I expected him to land combinations and look like he belongs at that level. But he didn't, he looked like a grinder, who could only land jabs, a few body shots, and the odd left hook. He did a good job making Pacquiao miss, I'll give him that much.

Cotto...different fighter, I see him controlling the distance, using his jab, and working Bradley over with combinations. At 140 it is a toss up because Cotto didn't have the same consistency or stamina, so I believe it becomes a close fight down the stretch, but 147 or above, forget about it!

The Shane Mosley that Cotto fought in 07? Is a better fighter than Timmy will ever be.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
      Deadly serious. What do you object with?

Bradley doesn't have the power to put Cotto away at 140 or any other weight for that matter. If the mule fisted Torres couldn't put Cotto away at 140, Timothy Bradley sure as hell isn't.

And the only reason Cotto doesn't have any great wins at 140 is because all the big fights happened to be at 147. Still Cotto was stopping guys like Bailey, Torres, and Corley, while others were scraping past them. Still, his wins at 147 which include Judah, Mosely, Clottey, and Quintana, are more impressive than any of Bradley's wins at the same weight (Pacquaio doesn't count in my eyes).

Bradley isn't anywhere near Mayweather's level and was given a horrible gift against Pacquaio. Beating the likes of Alexander by TD and Peterson doesn't make you the favourite against one of the most tough and well rounded boxers of the 2000's. Cotto takes Bradley's wide looping punches and busts him up in return with his superior jab, body shots, and left hook.

Ok, Bradley might win a few rounds, but over the course of the whole fight, he would get punished and possibly stopped late on.

1.Cotto is not that well rounded ESP at 140lb..Bad chin not that good footwork(this is still a problem with Cotto)..Not to mention slow..Bradley has enough power at any weight to keep Cotto honest ESP at 140lb..

2.Cotto would've had trouble with fighters like Peterson Alexander and weather you count Bradley victory over PAC or not, fact remains Cotto was brutalized by PAC while Bradley swept the Championship rounds...

3.I've never seen anyone rush Bradley and not have respect for his power(that goes for PAC as well) Torres hits hard this is true..But he is not half the fighter Bradley is..Cotto gets clearly beat by Bradley at 140lb and at 147 imho..154lb is another story because I don't know how the weight would effect Bradley...

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        Beat nobody of note? He beat a still decent Corley, Malignaggi (multiple world champion after Cotto), Torres (world Champ after Cotto), Ndou (world champ after Cotto), Bailey (world champ after Cotto). Maussa won a title even if it was a fluke. That is very solid competition in his first weight class. Not spectacular but very solid. Not to mention he nearly stopped every one of them.

To say Bradley would have owned him is ridiculous, did Cotto take something out of himself at 140? yes, but he was still even then one of the best. At 140 it is a toss up, at any weight above that Cotto all the way. His technique is superior to Bradley. I was surprised at just how crude Bradley was in the Pacquiao fight, I expected him to be much smoother than that, I expected him to land combinations and look like he belongs at that level. But he didn't, he looked like a grinder, who could only land jabs, a few body shots, and the odd left hook. He did a good job making Pacquiao miss, I'll give him that much.

Cotto...different fighter, I see him controlling the distance, using his jab, and working Bradley over with combinations. At 140 it is a toss up because Cotto didn't have the same consistency or stamina, so I believe it becomes a close fight down the stretch, but 147 or above, forget about it!

The Shane Mosley that Cotto fought in 07? Is a better fighter than Timmy will ever be.
        Thought you would never respond to one of my post Again lol..Anyway I don't agree..

Mosley is my FAV fighter and Bradley is more skilled then Mosley..Better jab better footwork better judgment of distance..But Mosley was stronger faster not as smart tho..Mosley was already past it when he fought Cotto..Cotto would give a better fight at 147lb but imho still lose..

Comment

At 140lb Cotto would have been owned by Bradley...Bradley to good boxing ability and Cotto unable to take punches would have lead to Cotto's demise imo...Remember,Cotto beat nobody of note at 140lb and always showed to have a very weak chin at 140lb..

Oh and before I get the Bradley has no power comment..Go look at how many fighters were on the canvas that Bradley put there at 140lb...
          Thought you would never respond to one of my post Again lol..Anyway I don't agree..

Mosley is my FAV fighter and Bradley is more skilled then Mosley..Better jab better footwork better judgment of distance..But Mosley was stronger faster not as smart tho..Mosley was already past it when he fought Cotto..Cotto would give a better fight at 147lb but imho still lose..
          Pah you are honestly pathetic. Bradley will get exposed soon enough, he will get exposed by a lesser fighter than Pacquiao. If I was a fan of his, I would have been hugely disppointed, and slightly worried by his performance.

You massively overestimate his abilities, and I think deep down you know it.

Comment

Pah you are honestly pathetic. Bradley will get exposed soon enough, he will get exposed by a lesser fighter than Pacquiao. If I was a fan of his, I would have been hugely disppointed, and slightly worried by his performance.

You massively overestimate his abilities, and I think deep down you know it.
            There he is...I was waiting for the insult..I have not been disappointed by Bradley yet,why should I??The man has won every fight he has been in as a pro..He also gives it his all in every fight(which is all you can all for)..Bradley is a well rounded fighter and top class out of most young fighters fighting right now..I'm rating Bradley where he belongs...As a top fighter...As for Bradley being beat by a lesser fighter then PAC, this is boxing anything can happen, but I would not bet on it...

Comment

Bradley would have beat Cotto by decision at 140. Close and competitive, but clear.

Comment

There he is...I was waiting for the insult..I have not been disappointed by Bradley yet,why should I??The man has won every fight he has been in as a pro..He also gives it his all in every fight(which is all you can all for)..Bradley is a well rounded fighter and top class out of most young fighters fighting right now..I'm rating Bradley where he belongs...As a top fighter...As for Bradley being beat by a lesser fighter then PAC, this is boxing anything can happen, but I would not bet on it...
                I don't mean his effort levels, he was exposed technically by a fighter, who himself is not hugely technical. Pacquiao is not as fast or as busy as he was in his prime, Marquez a 37-38 year old fought a better fight against Pacquiao then Bradley did, that does not mean Marquez beats Cotto, or Bradley beats Cotto.

Bradley is a class act, inside and outside the ring. But he was exposed, he couldn't hit Pacquiao with ****, and he makes so many mistakes, and I stress at the elite level. That is why I would be worried.

Cotto is too consistent in what he does in the ring for Bradley, even someone like Holt, if he was more consistent he would have beat Bradley, all Bradley could do was jump on him, same with Alexander, he doesn't know how to set up his attacks, and against A level fighters that gets you exposed.

Because of his toughness, speed, and determination he is always there, and he has some skill, I thought it was a lot more before Pacquiao, I overestimated him to be honest, but trust me he will get exposed for the above reasons.

The reason for the insult is because you had the audacity to try and downplay Shanes qualities vs Bradley, when there level of competition has been leagues apart. Bradley is nowhere near the fighter Shane was even when he fought Cotto, I don't care how smart he is.

Comment

I don't mean his effort levels, he was exposed technically by a fighter, who himself is not hugely technical. Pacquiao is not as fast or as busy as he was in his prime, Marquez a 37-38 year old fought a better fight against Pacquiao then Bradley did, that does not mean Marquez beats Cotto, or Bradley beats Cotto.

Bradley is a class act, inside and outside the ring. But he was exposed, he couldn't hit Pacquiao with ****, and he makes so many mistakes, and I stress at the elite level. That is why I would be worried.

Cotto is too consistent in what he does in the ring for Bradley, even someone like Holt, if he was more consistent he would have beat Bradley, all Bradley could do was jump on him, same with Alexander, he doesn't know how to set up his attacks, and against A level fighters that gets you exposed.

Because of his toughness, speed, and determination he is always there, and he has some skill, I thought it was a lot more before Pacquiao, I overestimated him to be honest, but trust me he will get exposed for the above reasons.

The reason for the insult is because you had the audacity to try and downplay Shanes qualities vs Bradley, when there level of competition has been leagues apart. Bradley is nowhere near the fighter Shane was even when he fought Cotto, I don't care how smart he is.
                  Great, insightful, well thought out post. Green K.

Comment

Cotto beat nobody noticeably at 140??

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      Bradley doesn't have the power? Malignaggi rocked Cotto at 140. Bradley has a very good chin and high workrate, Cotto had the opposite at 140. Unless Cotto caught Bradley early there would be only one winner and his name is Bradley.
                      That's crap, Cotto was off balance.

As for the fight, tough to call, probably a close one.

Comment

Working...
                      X