Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diaz bro's no longer Contenders.. now Gatekeeper status?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Condit or Hendricks become champion Nick has a good chance. The Condit fight was close he just didn't cut the cage off well enough. Hendricks has cardio issues if he can't blast u out in 1 round like Overeem but not as extreme.

Nate doesn't have a chance unless Maynard becomes champs and decides to stand with him again. 170 would be stupid he's too scrawny

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      LMAO you guys are exactly the type of fans that Dana salivates over. How quickly you forget. Both brothers lost to champions, and top contenders in their last 2 fights, Nick barely lost too Condit, in most peoples eyes he won that fight, and I think if Nate would've fought smarter, he could beat Thompson. Also, while Nick did lose to GSP, he did as well or better than Condit did. Do I think Nate could beat Bendo? No, it's the only fight I think Bendo has actually won since before he fought Frankie Edgar. As far as everyone else at LW, I think Nate stands a good chance. He's still a contender, he just can't beat the champ. At 170lbs, Nate gets eaten up by the wrestlers....
      No way man.

Take ben out of the picture. Do you really think he can handle a striker like pettis? Who does literally every aspect of striking and is very fast and doesn't stand right in front of guys exchanging.

He just got koed by josh. Who, push comes to shove, would've just wrestled him later in the match.

Gray maynard will do a matt hughes on him. Let's be hnest, gray is gonna wrestle nate if he fights him again.

Edgar is just another guy who will stick and move nate. Then wrestle him if any danger come up.

Let's be honest here. The diaz bros are just too 1 dimensional and have zero brute strength so they can't even properly takedown to use their bjj. Nor do they pull guard. So pretty much the elite dudes walk over them. Not to say it wouldn't be hard to win, its just saying everyone and their grandma knows what to expect with the diaz bros.

Unless they improve their raw strength or wrestling. They won't beat the elite anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        LMAO you guys are exactly the type of fans that Dana salivates over. How quickly you forget. Both brothers lost to champions, and top contenders in their last 2 fights, Nick barely lost too Condit, in most peoples eyes he won that fight, and I think if Nate would've fought smarter, he could beat Thompson. Also, while Nick did lose to GSP, he did as well or better than Condit did. Do I think Nate could beat Bendo? No, it's the only fight I think Bendo has actually won since before he fought Frankie Edgar. As far as everyone else at LW, I think Nate stands a good chance. He's still a contender, he just can't beat the champ. At 170lbs, Nate gets eaten up by the wrestlers....
        No way does he in MOST people minds win vs Condit by the way. Nick showed no urgency in that fight and Condit just outpointed him by being smart and not fighting the fight Nick wanted. Condit can fight like Nick but he knew that Nick only has one method of winning so he should try something else and it worked. Condit was more active, threw more, landed more and did more damage if you compare their faces after the fight (though they didn't really do much damage). Nick also did not do better than Condit vs GSP, what fight were you watching? Condit LEGIT had GSP in trouble in round 2, Nick had nothing for GSP all night. Condit was also doing work off his back whereas Nick didn't really do anything apart from stuff takedown attempts in the last two rounds and eat jabs all night long.

I'm a fan of both of the Diaz's because they want to scrap and I love that mindset but let's use our heads rather our hearts when analyzing what they have done and what they offer. Bendo is honestly beatable, if Gilbert was a bit more active in the last round he would have won it on the judges scorecards. Pettis/Aldo vs Bendo will be really interesting when it happens.

Comment

Dear Lord, don't put Nate in with Pettis. That's a one way ticket to early retirement buddy.

Future FW, and LW champ.

Comment

Working...
          X