No announcement yet.

The Official Mike "Mile High" Alvarado vs. Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding on for dear life is an understatement

He's lucky that was the last round or he'd have been stopped.

Comment

• Why this kid at 140 and not 147?

Comment

• Ut Oh He looked way to laxed and nonchalant more to do with tiredness than the power he faded after 4 rounds

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Holy crap, Miranda nearly pulled it out with a HUGE left hook.

Benavidez was lucky this was 8, I think.

Great performance for the first 7, but that was a close call.
          No biggie. It's his first 8 rounder. I don't think his chin is really a concern IMO. This was a good fight for him regardless or what just happened. Good experience, he's never been hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            he should have took a step back instead of jumping in!

jumping in is the logical choice

if he stepped back, he could get caught with a right straight or eat another incoming left hook.

jumping in will reduce a right straight probability and lessens the damage of the left hook.

Comment

• but props to that journeyman he was tough as nails...for this fight at least. benavidez jr needs to work on defending against that left hook because he was getting tagged with them (and almost ko'ed) by a journeyman.

Comment

• Originally posted by liraj View Post
                Benivedes need's to move up to 147 ASAP!!! He's too big for 140, he's draining himself
                Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                Why this kid at 140 and not 147?

Yup. 6 feet tall is too big for 147, plus he's only 20 so his body is naturally filling out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  No biggie. It's his first 8 rounder. I don't think his chin is really a concern IMO. This was a good fight for him regardless or what just happened. Good experience, he's never been hurt.

he was hurt last round against miranda.

but i agree, it's a great experience. he needs to keep his hand up and he has barely head movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by thedarkness View Post

but i agree, it's a great experience. he needs to keep his hand up and he has barely head movement.
                    he needs to leave freddie roach..and get someone who's going to teach him defense and head movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                      he needs to leave freddie roach..and get someone who's going to teach him defense and head movement.
                      He's not with Roach. As you can see his dad is the one in his corner. He only trains in Roach's gym.
                      Originally posted by thedarkness View Post

I know he was hurt there. I was referring to before this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X