Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the racist? - Discussion I had on Facebook!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
    Words that identify nationalities or ethnic groups must be capitalized. She said "English" according to the OP statement.
    'English' would be capitalized always.

Comment

you were right homie

Comment

Originally posted by G A M E View Post
        you were right homie
        Nah, TS is an ignorant douche. This did start with Tim responding to Black Girl's status update. He doesn't understand the complexities of the issues, doesn't understand their perspectives, doesn't understand the historical issues at question, has a very shallow understanding of the issue of immigration, let alone the underlying circumstances, and can't really hold his own in a debate (i.e. by respond to people's points), without falling back on his default positions. And the "learn to spell" was pretty uncalled for.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          Nah, TS is an ignorant douche. This did start with Tim responding to Black Girl's status update. He doesn't understand the complexities of the issues, doesn't understand their perspectives, doesn't understand the historical issues at question, has a very shallow understanding of the issue of immigration, let alone the underlying circumstances, and can't really hold his own in a debate (i.e. by respond to people's points), without falling back on his default positions. And the "learn to spell" was pretty uncalled for.
          There was nothing complex to understand. The girl's update implied that all/most English people are racist. Tim defended his nationality.

Only thing Tim did wrong is not understand that she's a shallow girl and there's no point in arguing with her.

Comment

I got with an English black girl last night, is that racist?

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
              There was nothing complex to understand. The girl's update implied that all/most English people are racist. Tim defended his nationality.

Only thing Tim did wrong is not understand that she's a shallow girl and there's no point in arguing with her.
              I was referring more to the "conversation" itself.

But, I did sort of touch on this, in that the whole thing that seemed to set him off was a status update on facebook.

That should say enough right there.

But, in case it doesn't, who knows, maybe one of those things, which she experiences all the time, happened again (like someone getting snotty with her for no reason on the bus or in a shop or something), and she on a whim updated her status on her iphone.

And then our boy Tim felt the need to make a political statement out of the thing.

Except, he couldn't hold his own in a discussion, on account of his gross ignorance, and therefore reverted to sterotyping based on general statements, none of which represent his own original thoughts.

At least that's my take away. But feel free to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
                I got with an English black girl last night, is that racist?
                I got with a Vietnamese girl from Ho Chi Minh City repeatedly over the past few months, before I broke it off. Does that make me a communist?

Oh wait, that is a horrible answer to your point. Wait, wtf was your point?

Comment

I got with a Vietnamese girl from Ho Chi Minh City repeatedly over the past few months, before I broke it off. Does that make me a communist?

Oh wait, that is a horrible answer to your point. Wait, wtf was your point?
                  my point is America should try and better the relationship it has with Hungarian government.

Comment

I was referring more to the "conversation" itself.

But, I did sort of touch on this, in that the whole thing that seemed to set him off was a status update on facebook.

That should say enough right there.

But, in case it doesn't, who knows, maybe one of those things, which she experiences all the time, happened again (like someone getting snotty with her for no reason on the bus or in a shop or something), and she on a whim updated her status on her iphone.

And then our boy Tim felt the need to make a political statement out of the thing.

Except, he couldn't hold his own in a discussion, on account of his gross ignorance, and therefore reverted to sterotyping based on general statements, none of which represent his own original thoughts.

At least that's my take away. But feel free to disagree.
                    So, would it be acceptable to update my Facebook with '****'s and their white hate' just because a Pakistani person may have upset me?

No it wouldn't. So why is it ok for her to call out all English people on a 'whim'?

I'm paraphrasing here but most of her updates are along these lines -

'Why are all jesus's white? If colour don't matter, then why not make all jesus's black. This racism has to stop.'

'*****n hate this country and the peple in it. Blacks are still treated like slaves. Whites need to stop with their intolerance.'

She's like this everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                      So, would it be acceptable to update my Facebook with '****'s and their white hate' just because a Pakistani person may have upset me?

No it wouldn't. So why is it ok for her to call out all English people on a 'whim'?

I'm paraphrasing here but most of her updates are along these lines -

'Why are all jesus's white? If colour don't matter, then why not make all jesus's black. This racism has to stop.'

'*****n hate this country and the peple in it. Blacks are still treated like slaves. Whites need to stop with their intolerance.'

She's like this everyday.
                      How is one suppose to even answer this?

Oh I see, I am just suppose to take your word that "she is like this everyday."

Here is an idea, if it bothers you so much, de-friend her.

Have you ever been an immigrant? How about one in a country which is not always friendly?

I am an immigrant, in Japan, a country which is generally friendly to white folk, such as me and you, but not universally so.

You mentioned your qualms about immigration.

Let me break something down for you, really quick.

This is sort of a phenomenon in all developed countries, right now.

Basically, populations are aging.

Birth rates are declining.

There is a lack of manpower, and also a lack of willpower, on the part of the domestic populations to do all of the work which needs doing, especially the dirty work.

In steps immigration.

It isn't that hard to understand.

Comment

Working...
                      X