No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner-Perez Deal Reached For Feb. 25 in St. Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner-Perez Deal Reached For Feb. 25 in St. Louis

By Ryan Maquiñana - Terms for the Feb. 25 proposed matchup between WBO junior lightweight champ Adrien Broner (22-0, 18 KOs) and Eloy Perez (23-0-2, 7 KOs) have been finalized.

The fight, Broner’s first title defense, will take place on the Devon Alexander-Marcos Maidana undercard in St. Louis.

Originally, Puerto Rico’s Roman Martinez—the man who once possessed the belt—was offered the first shot at Broner, but when he declined, Team Perez stepped in as a willing challenger.

Perez’ share of the purse is to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $100,000. A number for Broner could not be determined as of the time of this report, but will likely be higher since he will be coming in as the champion. [Click Here To Read More]

What's Perez like? Can't recollect seeing him fight. Decent enough record although a lack of pop in his punches may make it a long night.
    Broner has decent boxing skills although he may have a lack of focus in the ring. It seems to me he has the physical attributes to follow Mayweather but may have the mental side of a Judah. I like him though. His "Dad come comb my hair" comment had me in stitches.

Comment

Broner by KO, Devon-Marcos fight is hard to predict but I guess i'll go with Devon by a close decision.

Comment

WTF This racist *ss m*ther ****er I was starting to like him but now I hope he steps up to lightweight so Brandon Rios or Robert Guerrero can whoop his hair brushing joto *ss

Comment

Bean burrito eating dude (hmm what if the other guy had said "fried chicken eating dude)? Broner is gonna punch him with bricks (is Capitello going to be wrapping A-Bron's hands)?

I think A-Bron needs a crash course in trash talking, the guy come off as a real idiot and Floyd stan. Probably still gonna whoop this guy's ass in a few rounds though.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
            What's Perez like? Can't recollect seeing him fight. Decent enough record although a lack of pop in his punches may make it a long night.
            Broner has decent boxing skills although he may have a lack of focus in the ring. It seems to me he has the physical attributes to follow Mayweather but may have the mental side of a Judah. I like him though. His "Dad come comb my hair" comment had me in stitches.
            he's like Juan Diaz

not much pop uses his pressure and activity to dictate the pace.

could prove to be a nice foil to Broner but he has to stay aggressive and not let Broner gain space or breathe

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this kid Broner in person.

Comment

I like him but hes been ducking Argenis Mendez.they handpicked this perez guy.Argenis stepped up more then once and no response from team Broner

Comment

I hope Maidana sparks Devon

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    I hope Maidana sparks Devon
                    Unlikely.

Fight seems to be 50-50.

High chance it goes 12.

Comment

Working...
                    X