No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez on PPV, come on!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez on PPV, come on!

Okay, I like Sergio and all, he is a great fighter but come onnnnnnnnnnnn! Just because you are a great fighter doesn't mean you are PPV material. Who on Earth does HBO plan on matching Martinez against that would please the fans? This on a current string of PPV's like Cotto/Mayorga, Maidana/Morales, Pac/Mosley, yeah not all great matchups but each one has a fighter with a loyal fanbase so a PPV tag can be somewhat justified. There is no way HBO can expect to have Martinez on HBO and even do a somewhat justifiable number.

I'm sick of PPV, even if they are good match ups. Who wants to pay $65 to watch fights?

Comment

i dont think its ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
        I'm sick of PPV, even if they are good match ups. Who wants to pay $65 to watch fights?
        I feel you on that. The cable bill will be coming next week and I'll owe 120 dollars for the Maidana and Pacquiao fights. Usually the buds come over to soften the blow but still I could do a lot more with 60 bucks or so.

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
        i dont think its ppv.
        You might be right, I have been out of the loop so I was using Boxrec and we all know how accurate that site is.

Comment

if sergio aint ppv material no 1 is

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
            if sergio aint ppv material no 1 is
            Like I said, skilled as hell but he ain't ppv material at this point in his career. He has strung together good wins, in impressive fashion but the division he fights in lacks anyone exciting. I guess a Pirog fight might justify the price tag to people that follow the sport but off the top of my head that's about the only guy that can.

Comment

Haven't heard anywhere that Sergio's next fight is on PPV (unless it was against Pac or May, which it won't be)...

Comment

nobody is gonna watch P4P QUEEN sergio on PPV.

Comment

I really feel that as long as boxing does PPVs it will always hold the sport back. I know 1.3 buys generates a lot of money, but fights on primetime consistently will surely make more, no? Boxing has historically been a sport followed by (and of course i generalize) the urban poor. Don't know how many of those who fit that category are willing to spend 65 bucks to watch a fight. Especially in this economy. I think that a lot of the people that watch football and basketball would not turn off a boxing match if it was on primetime during, say, baseball season. Right now there isn't a high-action sport to challenge the quite often dull baseball.

Comment

chavez jr is always on ppv......hell manny-clottey,holyfield-sherman williams and floyd- baldo were ppv...any martinez fight can be ppv

Comment

Working...
                    X