Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ao vs Uchiyama.... Japanese Megafight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ao vs Uchiyama.... Japanese Megafight?

How big would this be if this were to happen in Japan this/next year? I'm sure the Ring belt would also be on the line and winner would be a part of japanese boxing history

not as big as i would say kameda vs naito or ioka vs yaegashi these two were big. but it would be a pretty big deal for boxing fans. it would be an ideal match because uchiyama the biggest puncher in the super feather weight division fighting aoh an excellent counter-puncher with speed. I have never seen a japanese boxer actually bring the ring magazine belt into the ring or even show it off. I know wajima koichi was champion for the ring for a while and igarashi toshiyuki holds it too because he beat sonny boy jaro.

Comment

uchiyama is in a division were not many great talents he already beat juan carlos salgado once adrien broner moved up in weight so aoh is the only one left that is worth fighting. and Gamboa would never go to japan. Honestly fighting in the US doesn't mean much any more since Nishioka already made history by defending it there for the first time. other dream fights apart from this would be yamanaka vs kameda that would be another huge one.

Comment

Well, unification of titles is rare with Japanese fighters... because they only do that two belt thing.... so I'd still be down for it if it happened.

Comment

The two belt thing is very good because in the japanese public there is less confusion about who is champ ok 2 champs in one division they can deal with that four theres something wrong here now.

Comment

It would be huge, but we have a lot of management and TV deal issues to go through. It was rumored that they were gonna fight earlier and that a deal was close to being made but it got pulled out for one reason or another. After it was rumored to being close, I don't have a lot of faith in this happening. Broner is dodging Uchiyama. It's really that simple.

Comment

Well that's sad.... always good to see fighters unify.... especially Japanese since it is extremely rare.
              I'd love to see it

Comment

Would love too see this.Uchiyama wins but it would be a great event

Comment

Working...
                X