Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should there be a weight limit rehydration clause in all fights ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bori Bori View Post
    Danny Garcia weight around 152 when fought at 140 ...he has now outgrown the division that's why he move to 147 ....he now weights around 155-158

Unlike canelo who weight about 170 he should be fighting at 160
    danny garcia did 20 cws at 140, couldnt even make weight at weigh in date...

Comment

Originally posted by Publius View Post
      If you make weight at the weigh in, you belong in that weight class. If you can't make weight, then you don't belong in that weight class...and if you CAN make weight, but are too lazy to do so - then you shouldn't be boxing in the first place.
      Answer please: Do you know the purpose of dividing boxing into categories according to the weight?

Comment

Either weight matters or it doesn't. I feel like the way it works these days in boxing is kinda a cluster**** of it matters & it doesn't. I think there should be a fight day weigh in or a day before weigh in & a rehydration limit the day of.

Honestly I think more importance should be put on weight divisions in general way before the fight. I think a fighters weight division should be established & kept to upon receiving a boxing license & it shouldn't just be based on what you weigh that day. A healthy weight limit should be decided upon based on numerous factors. And if a guy is 160 he can't just randomly start fighting at 168 cuz he ate too much food over the holidays or just got lazy. I believe college wrestling or maybe HS wrestling gots some **** like this these days where a target weight is decided upon & moving up & down has some requirements that need to be meet before it can be done.

Ironically with that stance I do feel like too much is made of a few lbs here & there & there shouldn't be more than 8 to 12 divisions total cuz its kinda overkill. Plus 6 outta the 17 divisions are 122lbs or under & the harsh reality is those are some of the least popular divisions in boxing & if we cut that 6 into just 3 divisions I don't think many ****s would be giving & it would probably drum up some interest in the lil guys divisions that would ultimately get them paid better.
        Last edited by Eff Pandas; 07-28-2015, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Same day weigh-in would be best. You have have fighters that should clearly be fighting in heavier weight classes trying to drain themselves to make weight then balloon back up, why, it doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
            you only name mexican fighters, you prob dont know that 90 % of fighters do the same, like danny garcia to name another, but the rules are the rules and until they change no one should be crying about it...
            he has a hard on for Mexicans bro...

Comment

No. Make the weight on weigh in day and shut up and fight.

No excuses.

Comment

just do same day weigh in so when the fight says its at middleweight 160lbs, it means the fighters are no heavier than ****ing 160lbs.

Comment

Working...
                X