Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder vs. Fres Oquendo for WBA title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
    wilder in the top 10 with his resume is bad enough but how an old,, washed up,, inactive oquendo who hasnt beaten a legit contender in years got in there is mind boggling
    For this very reason.... God I hope the WBA don't approve this

Comment

is there any chance that this fight ends up on the undercard of the khan fight?

Comment

I would question Wilder getting a title shot, but I am too busy questioning why Oquendo is even near a title.

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
          is there any chance that this fight ends up on the undercard of the khan fight?
          So many one-sided beatdowns in one night. Disgraceful, and yet morbidly entertaining. I'm sold!

Comment

Does the WBA specifically employ someone to knock the dust off of their title challengers?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              lol.... Wilder was 7th in their last ratings update.
              Fres is only one spot higher at #6.
              You telling me you're going to have the vacant title...the one Wlad just destroyed, up for grabs between the #6 and #7?
              Well it seems like the WBA is using this perfect storm to get Wilder a shot because they feel he is the most profitable opponent for Wlad in a years time.

#1 Contender Ortiz is completely undeserving having beaten nobody of note and being less active that Wilder in his bum beatdowns

Arreola has his sights set on the WBC strap, Povetkin is out because the WBA has already spoonfed him enough stiffs and Jennings already has a fight scheduled.

The rest of their rankings are so pathetic I almost shat myself.

Ruslan Chagaev will continue to be ranked by the WBA until 10 years after he dies apparently.

Travis Kaufman has 7 straight wins over opponents with double digit losses.

Jovo Pudar - Lord Help Me from dying lauging - this guy lost to Taurus Sykes

And yes - The mother ****ing WBA has Antonio Tarver ranked on the basis of one win over a complete nobody coming off a positive test. No punchline needed there.

Comment

This is what happens when you have this stupid 'regular' and 'super champion' system...ridiculous to be honest. At least if you are going to have that belt there, don't make it one of the official 'world' title ones...just makes the division far less credible as well as the sanctioning body itself, especially when the super champion fights the regular one and dominates like Wlad did Povetkin.

I remember last year or the year before Oquendo was talking **** about the Klitschkos, saying they were ducking him (lol) and that he deserved a shot at either 1...don't know who he has beaten or fought in the meantime but whatever, fight v Wilder would be decent but no way either deserve a belt ... only positive is that Wilder will step up somewhat in competition and would then become mandatory for Wlad eventually to unify the WBA again

Comment

Good fight but shou;n't be for a world title

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
                    Good fight but shou;n't be for a world title
                    I like that fight a lot... for the USBA title or the FOX Sports Belt.Still would be a good test for Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      I thought they were cleaning up their act after the MW debacle.... the hell are they doing now?
                      Making money.

Comment

Working...
                      X