Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, now that Ronnie S said that Lara beats Floyd, will he be hated like Martinez??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, now that Ronnie S said that Lara beats Floyd, will he be hated like Martinez??

There was a time right after the Martinez brutally stopped the Punisher that the entire boxing community jumped his bones. But then he called out Floyd & Pacman. Ever since, he become hated & notoriously viewed as overrated.

So my question is: Now that an educated trainer & boxing professor like Shields says that he believes Lara can beat Floyd will all the Lara sympathizer's become hateful & vindictive of Lara because of it??

A few of them might. Most fans must know this fight won't happen so they won't worry about it. If there is lots of talk about Lara beating Floyd them some extreme Floyd fans might resent Lara. Right now it's just one trainer saying this. Steward said that Guerrero had a good chance to beat Floyd and everyone just forgot about it.

Comment

Most people won't give a ****.

Comment

Who cares???

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          A few of them might. Most fans must know this fight won't happen so they won't worry about it. If there is lots of talk about Lara beating Floyd them some extreme Floyd fans might resent Lara. Right now it's just one trainer saying this. Steward said that Guerrero had a good chance to beat Floyd and everyone just forgot about it.
          Yeah, but I would realistically say Lara has a real chance at beating Floyd more so than the Ghost does.

Comment

A fighter/trainer dropping Floyds name never heard that before. You beat a couple of tomato cans thats what happens now a days. What I dont get about these foreign fighters (Martinez, Lara, etc.) is that their own countries dont even support them.

Theres a big enough Cuban community in Florida as well as other places and they have this dude fighting in Palm Springs, WTF. As for Martinez goes when the Argentina soccer team comes to the US the Argentine fans fill have the stadium to cheer them on. Yet Martinez cant sell out a high school gym in the states. If their own people arent going to support their fighter how you gonna blame Floyd for not throwing him a bone?

Comment

Originally posted by Second Best View Post
              A fighter/trainer dropping Floyds name never heard that before. You beat a couple of tomato cans thats what happens now a days. What I dont get about these foreign fighters (Martinez, Lara, etc.) is that their own countries dont even support them.

Theres a big enough Cuban community in Florida as well as other places and they have this dude fighting in Palm Springs, WTF. As for Martinez goes when the Argentina soccer team comes to the US the Argentine fans fill have the stadium to cheer them on. Yet Martinez cant sell out a high school gym in the states. If their own people arent going to support their fighter how you gonna blame Floyd for not throwing him a bone?
              What does selling out anything have to do with this topic?? Pacman proved when he fought Joshua Clottey that superstar fighters can fight me & sell fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                What does selling out anything have to do with this topic?? Pacman proved when he fought Joshua Clottey that superstar fighters can fight me & sell fights.
                What happen to earning your shot first? Who the hell has Lara beat to drop Floyds name like that? Remember Floyd chased Mosley and Oscar for a decade before he got his big money fight. I know Lara can fight and he had a late start but the fact is he and Floyd are at different stages of their carreer.

And Mannys an idiot for passing up his biggest payday to fight Clottey. But then again you never heard the words smart and Manny ever used in the same sentence. At least not by me.
                Last edited by Second Best; 07-09-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Best View Post
                  What happen to earning your shot first? Who the hell has Lara beat to drop Floyds name like that? Remember Floyd chased Mosley and Oscar for a decade before he got his big money fight. I know Lara can fight and he had a late start but the fact is he and Floyd are at different stages of their carreer.

And Mannys an idiot for passing up his biggest payday to fight Clottey. But then again you never heard the words smart and Manny ever used in the same sentence. At least not by me.
                  The good ol "well who has Lara beat argument". We'll pretend we can't name a few Floyd opponents that didn't do a damn thing to deserve to fight him!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    The good ol "well who has Lara beat argument". We'll pretend we can't name a few Floyd opponents that didn't do a damn thing to deserve to fight him!!
                    Since 2004 when Floyd became P4P1 like who?

Comment

Working...
                    X