No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs JMM thread for active Lounge members

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
    Wow. I was shocked to my bones but I didn't feel it to that extent, though I'm fascinated (and can understand) why you did.

It just reinforces how powerful boxing can be. The stakes are just incredible.

Boxing has more often left me saddened/upset than elated.

You do sometimes wonder whether it's all worth it. Even seeing fighters I dislike like Berto looking so badly disfigured and damaged like he did by the end of the Guerrerro fight leaves me feeling uneasy and bummed out.
    I never normally feel that way. But i just thought, if he is dead, i wish i hadnt watched, and dont want to ever see it again. Made me think about how there could be a big controversy about banning the sport.

But anyway, he seems ok.

When i see fighters busted up, but carry on fighting like Berto, i am inspired to not be a pu$$y in my life.

So was it just JMM's brilliant timing and new strength, or is Pac a little more vulnerable to big punches? He is getting older. I always thought he would eventually get KTFO.

Comment

• My first thought was just holy sh i t, he went down hard, face down, gonna be real hard to get up from that one.. wait a sec.. he's not moving at all. He's out stone cold. Holy hell, the fight is over, just that quick. Basically all as a single thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        Man Pac looked good last night aside from getting reckless and eating that monster shot. It is a weird sight seeing him on the canvas for the KD let alone the KO.

I dont really think JMM is on anything because we all saw his dated workout program when he was on 24-7 with Floyd. Getting a new strength and conditioning coach just helped him alot.

What are your guys predictions on the next move for JMM and Pac. One of them has to be fighting Tim Bradley right?
        JMM vs Bradley would be a good fight and the best move for JMM if he should continue to lace up the gloves. As for Pac, a long vacation is desperately needed -- He should continue to train, but don't get back in the ring for at least nine months.

When you get KTFO like that, it has both a mental and a physical component -- Mentally Pac needs time to come to the realization that it happened first, and that it happened because of carelessness. Then he needs to let his body heal fully, because his punch resistance will be diminished going forward.

Many guys want to insinuate the application of PEDS on JMM part, that is absurd -- No Peds were involved, it was just perfect shot placement and timing, coupled with an improved exercise regimen, and an aggressive opponent who leaped in wide open for the shot.

And BTW -- JMM over Bradley.

Comment

• Bradley shouldn't be mentioned imo. He clearly lost to Pac and his stock is at an all time low. I'd rather see Rios and Bradley duke it out for the right to face guys like Pac and JMM.

Pac looked amazing last night, he just got caught that's all. If JMM hadn't caught him like that I really thought Pac would finish him in the later rounds because he looked so fast and strong.

Big respect to both guys. I'm disgusted at people poking fun at Pac in nsb, he is a Hero of Boxing and doesn't deserve that type of crude ridicule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
            Bradley shouldn't be mentioned imo. He clearly lost to Pac and his stock is at an all time low. I'd rather see Rios and Bradley duke it out for the right to face guys like Pac and JMM.

Pac looked amazing last night, he just got caught that's all. If JMM hadn't caught him like that I really thought Pac would finish him in the later rounds because he looked so fast and strong.

Big respect to both guys. I'm disgusted at people poking fun at Pac in nsb, he is a Hero of Boxing and doesn't deserve that type of crude ridicule.

NSB sucks nowadays, those tards that populate that forum disgusts me too

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
              Has the elephant in the room been addressed in this thread? Anybody think Marquez looked like an altogether new man last night?
              I know you got my PM. .Did I CALL IT OR WHAT!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by res View Post
                  hes dead lol priceless video

Comment

The exact reaction of an entire nation. Oh well I guess we all move on.

Comment

Man, this was funny.

"911! He's dead! GAD!"

(That girl wearing the light brown top in the front who's texting looks cute as hell BTW).

Comment

Working...
                      X