No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios Should Fight Kevin Mitchell : For Khan Payday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Rios Should Fight Kevin Mitchell : For Khan Payday

This is a fight that makes alot of sense because Rios is champion at lightweight and Mitchell wants another world title shot, Rios would clearly be the favourite and if Brandon Rios beats Mitchell it would work perfectly for Rios to get a shot at Khan.

I dont think Rios has earned a shot at Khan yet, A defense against a punk drunk in Antillon and a win over a very limited Acosta does not warrant a massive handout to get the Khan fight, Rios needs to earn his shot at Khan and the best way is to beat Kevin Mitchell, Its a good defence of his title and it lines up the Khan fight.
    RIos
    75.00%
    Mitchell
    25.00%

Also Frank Warren a UK booking agent and small time promotor says he has good relations with Bob Arum so the fight is even more likely to happen.

Not just that but Mitchell was almost handed a world title shot in his own hometown and he failed miserably, He should travel this time and go and get the title, no more home town decisions.

Comment

Rios would need to get a lot more fights under his belt before he goes after Khan. He'd need to beat some 140 lbs. fighters to see if he maintains his power going up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
        Also Frank Warren a UK booking agent and small time promotor says he has good relations with Bob Arum so the fight is even more likely to happen.

Not just that but Mitchell was almost handed a world title shot in his own hometown and he failed miserably, He should travel this time and go and get the title, no more home town decisions.
        When has Mitchell got a hometown decision?

Khan is only having 1 more fight at 140 so he wont be fighting Rios any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          When has Mitchell got a hometown decision?

Khan is only having 1 more fight at 140 so he wont be fighting Rios any time soon.
          Warren set everything up so that MItchell just needed to survive 36 minutes against Katsidis and would have got a hometown decision. The fact that Katsidis mauled Mitchell and stopped him was not part of their plans.

Mitchell was meant to do a "prescott", Run around the ring for 12 rounds, Turn your back and avoid exchanges and get a decision for the hometown guy it didnt end that way though.

Comment

Warren set everything up so that MItchell just needed to survive 36 minutes against Katsidis and would have got a hometown decision. The fact that Katsidis mauled Mitchell and stopped him was not part of their plans.

Mitchell was meant to do a "prescott", Run around the ring for 12 rounds, Turn your back and avoid exchanges and get a decision for the hometown guy it didnt end that way though.
            So Mitchell has never got a hometown decision.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              So Mitchell has never got a hometown decision.

Thanks.
              He got stopped in his hometown.

Why you dont want to see Rios fight Mitchell?

Comment

He got stopped in his hometown.

Why you dont want to see Rios fight Mitchell?
                Ok but hes never got a hometown decision. So you saying "no more hometown decisions" was about as ******ed as when you compared Khan to Diego Corrales.

Wouldnt mind seeing it. I think Rios would win as I voted.

Comment

Acosta is limited?

Sure, he has his flaws, but I don't agree with that at all.

Comment

not too big a fan of either really. I quite like Rios but either one losing wouldnt affect me sleeping that night

Id say if Mitchell can box a smart fight he has a chance

Comment

Working...
                    X